The flavor combination in this baked brie with puff pastry includes basil, bacon & peach baked brie and it is phenomenal! It’s the perfect appetizer.
Pastry Wrapped Brie
I am so excited to share with you today’s recipe for baked brie! This flavor combination is amazing. If you are looking for a delicious appetizer for any of your upcoming holiday gatherings, this is it!
Not only is the flavor great, it has an amazing presentation and it’s easy! You will totally wow your guests with this one.
The combination of brie, basil, bacon and peach has become a family favorite since we first had it on a waffle at one of our favorite Portland eateries. Initially it sounds like a strange combination but trust me, it is amazing!
What is Puff Pastry?
The brie is wrapped in a layer of puff pastry. Puff Pastry can be made from scratch (it’s a lot of work) but I purchased mine in the freezer section of the grocery store. Puff pastry is a flaky pastry that is made from a laminated dough, or a dough that is made by alternating layers of butter and dough.
How to Make Baked Brie Appetizer
- Allow the puff pastry to warm up a bit so that you can easily unfold it without tearing it.
- Place your Brie in the middle of the pastry sheet. The brie will be covered with a “rind”. This rind is eatable and can be left on or you can remove it if you prefer. I always leave mine on
- Place 1/4 cup of peach jam on top. I used my homemade peach jam but store bought will work fine.
- Top it with 2 slices of crisp diced bacon and 2 Tbsp of freshly sliced basil.
- Gently wrap the puff pastry around the brie. I make little tucks in the pastry as I work my way around the brie.
- Pinch the pastry closed so your filling doesn’t leak out.
- Brush the puff pastry with an egg wash.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until the cheese melted through and the puff pastry has turned a nice golden brown.
How to Serve Baked Brie
- Sliced baguette
- Vegetables. Carrots, celery or sliced peppers.
If it has baked long enough, all that wonderful brie cheese will ooze out when you cut into it.
Be sure and get a little bit of all the flavors – brie, bacon, basil and peach for the full effect.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Pastry Wrapped Brie Recipe
Pastry Wrapped Brie Recipe
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 8 oz Brie round
- 2 slices bacon crisp
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil sliced
- 1/4 cup peach jam
- 1 egg beaten for wash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lay out sheet of puff pastry.
- Place round of cheese in the middle (rind may be left on)
- Top with jam, basil and bacon
- Bring up the edges of the pastry and work your way around making tucks in the dough.
- Press to make sure edges are sealed.
- Brush with beaten egg over top and sides
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown