No need for a campfire with this one. Enjoy Skillet S’mores anytime! They are amazing!!
Yes, this does taste as amazing as it looks. In fact, if I hadn’t shared it with my neighbors I am convinced I would have eaten the entire thing myself – all in one sitting!! May I dare say, this is better than a s’mores made over a campfire. Hard to believe I know, but it is! I love s’mores and it is our favorite thing to do at the beach and we even have two fire pits in our backyard for s’more making but I have to tell you – this s’mores skillet is killer. I love any excuse to use my cast iron pan.
I have a confession to make. I am one of those people who use to find a recipe in a magazine while waiting at the doctor’s office or getting a pedicure and I would very quietly rip the recipe out of the magazine, fold it up small and sneak it into my purse. Now, thanks to cell phone cameras I no longer have to do that. I can just take a picture of the recipe and that is exactly what I did when I found this one in a magazine. The only problem is I can’t remember what magazine I found it in, sorry magazine!
Enjoy a s’mores anytime with this recipe. All you have to do is combine together butter, sugar, oats, flour and graham cracker crumbs along with some baking powder and salt. Two thirds of this mixture gets put into the bottom of the 10 inch cast iron skillet.
Crumble the remainder of the crumble mixture on top.
Then bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes of until golden brown. Then let it cool a bit (if you can) and then grab a fork and dig in!
Or you can be a little bit more civilized and scoop some onto a plate, top it with ice cream and some chocolate syrup!
And then dig in!
- ¾ C butter, softened
- 1 C firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 C old fashioned oats
- ¾ C all purpose flour
- ¾ C graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 1 C semisweet chocolate chips
- ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your cast iron skillet
- In a large bowl mix together butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. About 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in oats, flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until combined
- Press ⅔ of mixture into bottom of a 10" cast iron skillet.
- Top with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes and enjoy!
- Top with ice cream and chocolate syrup.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!