One of our favorite summertime activities is making s’mores around a campfire on the beach. It is the first thing my kids want to do when we are at the beach.
Well, I’m here to tell you s’mores aren’t just for campfires anymore!
With today’s recipe you can enjoy s’mores all year round. This may be a little bit different version than you make around the campfire but it is just as delicious!
The first step is to form your graham cracker tart shell. I used a mini muffin tin (one that makes 24 muffins). I put 1 1/2 Tbsp of the graham cracker mixture in each muffin tin and then used this handy dandy little tool to form the tart shell. You could absolutely do it with your fingers but this little tool is so much easier and faster. It had been hiding out in my kitchen drawer for years, unused but when I needed it, it was there and I’m so glad it was. It’s called a tart tamper and it’s awesome!
After your tart shells are formed and baked for five minutes you fill them with your chocolate mixture and then bake again. Use a sharp knife to gently remove them from the muffin tin and allow them to cool on a cooling rack.
Place the tarts on a baking sheet and then place half of a large marshmallow on top of each tart.
Put them under the broiler until the top of the marshmallow is golden brown. Watch them closely so they don’t burn.
I think these cute little mini s’mores tarts are best eaten warm but truth be told they are pretty yummy after they have totally cooled too.
Now, the only thing left to do is enjoy. You can pop the whole thing in your mouth at one time, they are that small or make the yumminess last a little longer and enjoy it in a couple of bites.
These babies were quickly delivered to the neighbors after we each enjoyed a few. We knew if we didn’t share we would eat them all!
- 1/3 C butter
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/4 C finely crushed graham cracker crumbs 18 squares
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C flour
- 1/4 C unsweeteened cocoa powder
- 1/4 C butter melted
- 10 large marshmallows halved
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Melt 1/3 C butter.
- Add in 1/4 C sugar. Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Press crumbs into bottom and sides of muffin tin (approx. 1 1/2 Tbsp crumbs per tin)
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Combine 1/2 C sugar and egg.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until thick and pale yellow.
- Whisk together flour and cocoa. Add into egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add in 1/4 C melted butter.
- Spoon filling into tarts.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and slightly puffed.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes and then gently remove tarts from tin. Cool Completely.
- Cut marshmallows in half.
- Place half of a marshmallow cut side down on top of each tart.
- Broil for 30 seconds or until marshmallows are puffed and lightly toasted on top.
- Serve immediately.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!