Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. The day of love and chocolate! What would Valentine’s Day be without chocolate??!!! Especially chocolate cookies.
Today’s recipe is the perfect way to the heart of anyone who loves chocolate cookies. It is pure Chocolate Overload! This cookie uses cocoa powder, semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. Triple Chocolate Power!
The steps are pretty easy – add chocolate, add chocolate, add more chocolate!
The semi sweet chocolate is melted and added into the butter and sugar mixture. Then you add the cocoa in with the flour mixture and then when that is all mixed up you add in the white chocolate chips!
The batter then sits for about 30 minutes to firm up a bit. It will be fudge like. After they bake there is only one thing left to do. You must add milk. These cookies are so delicious and a glass of cold milk is the perfect accompaniment!
These chocolate cookies are chocolatey and chewy. The perfect combination.
For other chocolately cookies try these:
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder, dutch processed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 C), softened
- 1 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 - 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugars for about 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- Beat in melted chocolate after it has cooled. Beat for a minute, scrap down bowl as needed.
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined
- Add in white chocolate chips, mix to incorporate.
- Let stand at room temp for about 30 minutes until consistency is scoopable and fudge like.
- Use a large scoop (about 1/3 C size) to scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- Tops will crack but cookie will be soft and chewy inside.