Note: Todays post is a recipe redo with updated photos of one of my favorite fall treats.
Last week I opened my front door and found my friend Dawn standing at my door with this darling basket in her hand.
A cute little basket filled with all the ingredients to make her yummy Apple Dip.
Dawn and I met in the costume shop at the high school where our daughters performed together in various shows. Dawn is a marvelous seamstress and we have spent a lot of time sewing together over the last few years. Dawn has become a sweet friend and kindred spirit as she loves a lot of the same things I do – including cute purses and yummy food!
I took the basket with me this weekend when I escaped to Central Oregon (where it is not suppose to rain, but it did!) with my Beach Babe girlfriends. We enjoyed it as an afternoon snack one day.
It is a perfect fall treat with all the wonderful apples that are available right now. But you really don’t need apples, according to my friend who tasted it at a party where I serve it, all you need is a spoon!
The Skor English Toffee Bits can be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store (they are yummy in cookies too!) I love it with a nice crisp, tart apple like a granny smith but you can use a combination of different colored apples for a fun presentation.
Caution: It is addicting and you may find yourself consuming the entire thing by yourself!!
This post was originally shared back in October 2008.
- 1 10 oz. tub of soft cream cheese or 1 8 oz. block softened
- ½ C brown sugar
- ¼ C white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ pkg of a 8 oz. bag of SKOR English Toffee Bits
- 6-9 Granny Smith Apples cut into wedges for dipping
- Mix together with a spoon until smooth - cream cheese, sugars and vanilla.
- Fold in toffee bits just before serving so they don't get soggy. (soggy is yummy too!)
- I cut the apples just before serving to prevent them turning brown.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!