Last week I opened my front door and found my friend Dawn standing at my door with this darling basket in her hand.
A cute little basket filled with all the ingredients to make her yummy Apple Dip.
Dawn and I met in the costume shop at the high school where our daughters performed together in various shows. Dawn is a marvelous seamstress and we have spent a lot of time sewing together over the last few years. Dawn has become a sweet friend and kindred spirit as she loves a lot of the same things I do – including cute purses and yummy food!
I took the basket with me this weekend when I escaped to Central Oregon (where it is not suppose to rain, but it did!) with my Beach Babe girlfriends. We enjoyed it as an afternoon snack one day.
It is a perfect fall treat with all the wonderful apples that are available right now.
The Skor English Toffee Bits can be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store (they are yummy in cookies too!) I love it with a nice crisp, tart apple like a granny smith but you can use a combination of different colored apples for a fun presentation.
Caution: It is addicting and you may find yourself consuming the entire thing by yourself!!
- 1 10 oz. tub of soft cream cheese or 1 8 oz. block softened
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 pkg of a 8 oz. bag of SKOR English Toffee Bits
- 6-9 Granny Smith Apples cut into wedges for dipping
- Mix together with a spoon until smooth - cream cheese, sugars and vanilla.
- Fold in toffee bits just before serving so they don't get soggy. (soggy is yummy too!)
- I cut the apples just before serving to prevent them turning brown.