This Toffee Apple Dip combines crunchy toffee bits, creamy cream cheese and the sweetness of brown sugar. Just add in some apples and I guarantee you won’t be able to stop eating this stuff!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe!
I have been making this toffee apple dip (also known as Skor Apple Dip) for years, ever since my friend Dawn showed up at my door with a cute little basket full of all the ingredients needed to make the dip, including the apples.
- It’s quick and easy. It makes a perfect last minute after school snack, party treat or anytime treat.
- It’s addictive. You have been warned though, once you start eating this it’s very hard to stop!
- Cream Cheese. Make sure your cream cheese is softened. I let it sit out of the refrigerator for an hour or so before mixing up.
- Sugar. I use a combination of white sugar and brown sugar.
- Toffee Bits/Skor Bits. You can find the toffee bits in the baking aisle, right next to the chocolate chips. They are also called Skor Bits. You will usually find plain toffee bits and also toffee bits covered in chocolate. I’ve used both and they both work great!
- Apples. I love using a tart, granny smith apple but I have also used Honey Crisp and Gala. Use whatever your favorite apple is. I like using a combination of different color apples for a prettier presentation.
How to Make Apple Dip with Cream Cheese and Toffee Bits
- Mix together cream cheese, sugars and vanilla until smooth. I use the paddle attachment and my stand mixer. Beat until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Fold in toffee bits.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. At least 3 hours before serving.
How Do I Keep Apples from Turning Brown?
Most people will tell you to coat them in lemon juice. That method works o.k. but I’ve discovered an even better way to keep your apples from turning brown. After slicing your apples, put them into a bowl full of cool water with salt – just a teaspoon or so of salt. Submerge the apples for a minute or two and then store them in a zippered plastic bag or air tight container. No brown apples. I’ve done it the day ahead of time and still had pretty apples the next day!!
- Cinnamon. Add in 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Candy Bars. Instead of toffee bits you can use any crushed up candy bar. Try Butterfingers, Kit Kats or Snickers or whatever your favorite candy bar is..
- Chocolate Chips. Add in mini or regular size chocolate chips for fun.
Frequently Asked Questions
I like to make it at least 3 hours ahead of time to give it time to chill in the fridge. Toffee Apple Dip will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Place any leftover apple dip in an airtight freezer bag or an airtight freezer container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Remix for a few minutes before serving.
Any fruit will do! You could also use graham crackers, vanilla wafers or pretzels.
For other delicious fruit dips try these:
For more delicious recipes try these:
Toffee Apple Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 6 Granny Smith Apples cut into slices
- Mix together cream cheese, sugars and vanilla until smooth
- Fold in toffee bits
Tips & Notes:
This post was originally shared back in October 2008.
Leave a Review