Wild Rice Stuffing with sausage and dried cherries make a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving dinner. This recipe also has the benefit of being gluten free.
I love Thanksgiving. Nothing is better than having the entire family together to celebrate. We have two family members that do not eat gluten, so I love finding delicious Thanksgiving recipes that we can all enjoy. This gluten free stuffing is one of those dishes.
Gluten Free Stuffing
Stuffing is one of our favorite Thanksgiving side dishes. Most stuffing recipes are made with bread. We have tried substituting gluten free bread, but don’t always love the results. So this year I am excited to be able to serve my gluten free eaters Wild Rice Stuffing. It is delicious and in fact I am sure my non gluten free eaters aren’t going to be able to resist it either.
This wild rice stuffing is full of lots of delicious flavors and great texture. The base of the dish is a combination of wild rice and brown rice. Add in onions, celery, dried cherries and pecans and you’ve got some great texture. The thing that really gives this dressing great flavor though is the addition of the pork sausage.
I used Jones Dairy Sausage for this recipe because it is gluten free. You can substitute your favorite gluten free sausage.
Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
Gluten Free Wild Rice Stuffing
- 1 C wild rice
- 3 C water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 C diced onion
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 C jasmine rice or basmati
- 1 3/4 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C pecans chopped and toasted
- 1 C dried cherries
- 12 oz. Jones Dairy All Natural Pork Sausage or other gluten free pork sausage of your choice
- Bring 3 C water to a boil. Add wild rice and salt. Add lid and cook until tender. Approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and add diced celery and onion.Cook until softened.
- Add in jasmine rice and stir until lightly browned. Add chicken broth and 1/2 tsp salt bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is cooked.
- Cook sausage until browned
- Add jasmine rice to wild rice, add in sausage. Mix together.
- Add in pecans and cherries.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.
For the recipe you will need to visit Stuffingandmore.com
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.