White Chocolate Candy Corn Popcorn is the perfect Halloween treat because it is a combination of sweet and salty.
We love our popcorn and some of our other favorite recipes include this Microwave Caramel Corn, Marshmallow Popcorn, Nutella Popcorn and Pink Popcorn!
This stuff is addictive. Be warned that once you start eating it you may not be able to stop eating.
The recipe starts with 2 packages of microwave popcorn. You can totally use air popped or stove popped popcorn as well. The added salt and buttery taste of the microwave popcorn adds more flavor than the plain air popped corn.
I used Wilton Melts because they melt easier and smoother than white chocolate chips but you could also use almond bark.
I like to add in something sweet (candy corn and marshmallows) and also something salty(peanuts but pretzels are also great) The salty items helps to somewhat balance out all that sweet!
How to Make Candy Corn Popcorn
- Pop 16 cups of popcorn and place in a large bowl. Be sure and remove any of the unpopped kernels.
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top and pour over popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with candy corn, peanuts and marshmallows. Be sure add the candy right away before the chocolate starts to set up. The chocolate acts as glue to hold the candy on.
Melt orange melts and or chocolate melts or chips and put each one into a ziploc bag. Using a freezer bag versus a storage bag is preferred. They are heavier and the chocolate will be warm. Clip off the corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate over popcorn. Be generous as the chocolate helps hold the candy and nuts down.
Or you can just use a fork too.
Allow the chocolate to set and harden up and then break the candy corn popcorn apart into pieces.
You are going to love the sweet and salty combination of this popcorn and it’s pretty cute too!
Warning though – it can be a bit addictive. Once you start eating it, it is hard to stop.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Candy Corn Popcorn Recipe
White Chocolate Candy Corn Popcorn
- 16 c microwave popcorn buttered, 2 bags
- 16 oz white chocolate chips melted
- 3/4 C candy corn
- 3/4 C peanuts
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 6 oz orange melts melted
- 6 oz chocolate chips melted
- Pop popcorn, remove unpopped kernels.
- Put popcorn in a big bowl.
- In separate bowl, melt white chocolate.
- Pour over popcorn and mix to coat popcorn.
- Spread onto two jelly roll pans or cookie sheets line with wax paper.
- Sprinkle with candy corn, peanuts and marshmallows
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set up.
- Break into pieces