Christmas Popcorn is a fun holiday themed Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe that is perfect to package up and hand out to friends and neighbors.
We love giving popcorn as gifts. Some of our other favorites are
Christmas is coming and it’s time to think about the treats you want to deliver to family and friends. This Christmas Popcorn is full of marshmallow goodness and a delicious treat everyone will love.
This is so easy to make and I love the combo of sweet and salty. You can use whatever your favorite holiday candy is. I’m a big fan of Christmas M & M’s and always grab several bags when they first come out. You can also pick the red and green M & M’s out of a regular bag if you have too!
How to Make Christmas Popcorn
- To make this fun holiday treat, start by popping popcorn. You can use your favorite method here. Air popper, stovetop, or even microwave popcorn. Just make sure to remove all those kernels that don’t pop – we call them old maids at our house.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a large sauce pan and then add the marshmallows. Stir until smooth and the marshmallows are melted.
- Finally, pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is covered.
- Add your candy of choice and sprinkles and stir again.
- To share with friends and neighbors wrap up the popcorn in some kind of air tight container.
This popcorn is best eaten fresh, within a day or two.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Christmas Popcorn Recipe
- 24 cups popped popcorn 3 bags of microwave popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 cup brown sugar
- red and green sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn and remove any unpopped kernals.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Add the marshmallows in and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly. Add the M&M’s and sprinkles and stir again.
- Place into festive containers to give as gifts or enjoy yourself!