This Christmas Popcorn Recipe makes for a great treat or gift for the holidays. Put it in some cute containers and hand them out to your neighbors and friends!
Hey there! I’m Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box where I share simple and delicious recipes that can usually be made with ingredients you already have on hand.
Christmas is right around the corner so it’s a great time to be thinking about the gifts and treats to make for neighbors. This Holiday Marshmallow Popcorn is a tasty treat everyone will love.
Christmas Popcorn is really easy to make and has such a great combo of sweet and salty. You can use any holiday colored candy that you perfer. M&M’s work great. This treat takes just minutes to prepare and seconds to disappear!
How to Make Christmas Popcorn
To make this fu holiday treat, start by popping popcorn. You can use your favorite method here. Air popper, stovetop, or even microwave popcorn. Just make sure that all of the un-popped kernels are removed.
Next, melt the butter in a sauce pan and then add the marshmallows. Stir until smooth.
Finally, pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Then stir until covered. Add the candy and sprinkles and stir again.
Now it is ready to enjoy or package up to give as a neighbor gift.
Christmas Popcorn Recipe
- 10 cups popped popcorn about 4 Tbsp unpopped kernals
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- salt to taste
- M&M's I used peanut butter and minis
- red and green sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn and remove any unpopped kernals.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly. Add the M&M's and sprinkles and stir again.
- Place into festive containers to give as gifts or enjoy yourself!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!