Peanut Butter Popcorn is a fun family treat that you can dress up for any holiday or occasion. It’s the perfect treat to share with friends and neighbors.
We love popcorn at our house and have been known to make a meal out of it. Microwave Caramel Corn is one of our family’s most favorite popcorn recipes! We also love Nutella Marshmallow Popcorn and you won’t be able to stop eating this White Chocolate Popcorn Crunch.
Peanut Butter Popcorn Ingredients
- Popcorn – you can use microwave popcorn or you can make the popcorn in the air popper or on the stove top. You will need 18 cups of popped popcorn which is 2 bags of microwave popcorn.
- White Chocolate – white chocolate chips or chopped up white chocolate bar will work too.
- Peanut Butter – I use creamy peanut butter.
- Candy pieces – I like to use peanut butter M & M’s or Reese’s pieces but you can also use regular M & M’s or any fun candy you like! Use a fun holiday colored candy to dress up the popcorn and make it look more festive.
How to Make Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Pop your popcorn and be sure to remove all the unpopped kernels. We call them old maids.
- Microwave your popcorn for about 30 seconds to soften it to make sure it coats the popcorn more evenly.
- Melt white chocolate on stove top in a double boiler or in the microwave. White chocolate burns easily so do it in short intervals in the microwave on a lower power.
- Mix together peanut butter and melted white chocolate.
- Place popped corn into a large bowl and pour peanut butter mixture over it. Stir gently to coat popcorn. Add in candy pieces, stir to combine.
- Spread the popcorn mixture onto a baking sheet. Allow it to set up and dry.
- Once the chocolate has hardened you can package the popcorn up into cellophane bags and add a cute little bow and share! Or you can just eat the whole thing yourself!!
The combination of sweet and salty is one of my favorites.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Other favorite popcorn recipes include:
- Milk Dud Popcorn
- Popcorn Cake
- Nutty Popcorn Snack Mix
- Marshmallow Popcorn
- White Chocolate and Frito Popcorn
Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe
Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 18 cups popped popcorn approx. 2 bags of microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy pieces such as M & M's, Reeses pieces, etc.
- Pop the popcorn and remove all the unpopped kernals.
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Soften the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Melt the white chocolate either in a double broiler or in the microwave (over 2 minutes on 50% power, then stir chips until smooth)
- Combine peanut butter and melted white chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Pour over popcorn and mix to evenly coat popcorn.
- Add in candy pieces, stir to combine.
- Spread popcorn mixture on a baking sheet or a piece of parchment paper on the counter Allow to set up and harden.
Originally posted March 13, 2008
If you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Popcorn or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!