Key Lime White Popcorn is the perfect combination of white chocolate and citrus. The addition of graham crackers to the popcorn gives you that key lime pie flavor!
Popcorn is definitely a favorite snack at our house. We’ve been making this Microwave Caramel Corn for years! This Marshmallow Popcorn is gooey and delicious and this Nutella Marshmallow Popcorn is a fun variation.
I will pick a citrus flavor over chocolate any day! Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate but I love citrus a bit more. But when I can have my citrus flavor with chocolate that is even better. Today’s recipe for Key Lime Popcorn makes it so I don’t have to choose!
How to Make Key Lime Popcorn
The ingredients are pretty simple.
Popcorn. I prefer to use popcorn done in the air popper but you can also use microwave popcorn. You need about 16 cups of popped corn.
White Chocolate. You can use white chocolate chips, almond bark (found in the baking aisle) or vanilla melts. I actually prefer the melts as they melt easier and smoother.
Graham Crackers. You can use graham cracker crumbs but I prefer broken up graham crackers so I have bigger pieces of cracker.
Lime oil, extract and zest. We are also big essential oil users at our house so anytime I make a lime favored recipe I always add in a few drops of lime essential oil. It just makes that lime flavor even better. If you don’t have lime essential oil you can use lime extract or lime zest.
Please NOTE: Not all essential oils are safe for internal use. Doterra essential oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade and can be ingested. I do not recommend the use of any other type of essential oil in this recipe.
- Melt Chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn. Stir to coat and then spread on a parchment paper baking sheet or counter.
- While it is still wet sprinkle your crushed graham cracker crumbs over the top.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, add some green food coloring and drizzle over the popcorn.
- Allow to set up.
Once it is set up you can then break it up into pieces and enjoy!
With Key Lime Popcorn I can have my citrus and chocolate fix taken care of all at the same time.
For other Key Lime goodness try these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Key Lime Popcorn Recipe
Key Lime Popcorn
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 10 oz. white chocolate melted, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed graham crackers
- zest of one lime
- 2-3 drops of lime essential oil or use lime extract
- green food color
- Pour 8 oz. of melted white chocolate over popped corn and stir to coat.
- Spread on wax paper covered baking sheet
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs immediately
- Add lime zest, essential oil or extract (if using) and green food coloring to remaining chocolate and drizzle over top of popcorn
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.