Key Lime White Popcorn is the perfect combination of white chocolate and citrus. The addition of graham crackers to the popcorn gives you that key lime pie flavor!
Popcorn is definitely a favorite snack at our house. We’ve been making this Microwave Caramel Corn for years! This Marshmallow Popcorn is gooey and delicious and this Nutella Marshmallow Popcorn is a fun variation.
I will pick a citrus flavor over chocolate any day! Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate but I love citrus a bit more. But when I can have my citrus flavor with chocolate that is even better. Today’s recipe for Key Lime Popcorn makes it so I don’t have to choose!
Key Lime Popcorn Ingredients
Popcorn. I prefer to use popcorn done in the air popper but you can also use microwave popcorn. You need about 16 cups of popped corn.
White Chocolate. You can use white chocolate chips, almond bark (found in the baking aisle) or vanilla melts. I actually prefer the melts as they melt easier and smoother.
Graham Crackers. You can use graham cracker crumbs but I prefer broken up graham crackers so I have bigger pieces of cracker.
Lime extract and zest.
How to Make Key Lime Popcorn
- Melt Chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn. Stir to coat and then spread on a parchment paper baking sheet or counter.
- While it is still wet sprinkle your crushed graham cracker crumbs over the top.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, add some green food coloring and drizzle over the popcorn.
- Allow to set up.
Once it is set up you can then break it up into pieces and enjoy!
How Long Will White Chocolate Popcorn Last?
Not very long at our house! But if you store it in an airtight container it will last for a couple of weeks. You just better hide it somewhere!!
For other Key Lime goodness try these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Key Lime Popcorn Recipe
Key Lime Popcorn
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 10 oz. white chocolate melted, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed graham crackers
- zest of one lime
- 1 tsp lime extract
- green food color paste or gel optional
- Pour 8 oz of melted white chocolate over popped corn and stir to coat.
- Spread on parchment paper covered baking sheet
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs immediately
- Add lime zest, extract and green food coloring to remaining chocolate and drizzle over top of popcorn
Leave a Review