This is a family recipe we have been enjoying for years and it came from my Aunt Dottie. While she and her husband were in college, they managed a ranch and Aunt Dottie was the ranch cook. This was a popular breakfast dish. It is a great holiday make a head meal.
In addition to eggs, milk, cheese and green chilies, a key ingredient is Bisquick. Thanks to Bisquick you can mix up the night before and just pop it in the oven the next morning.
How to Make a Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole
Layer the green chilies and the cheese in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
The cover it with the milk, egg and Bisquick mixture.
At this point you can make it at 350 for one hour or cover it with foil and put it in the refrigerator overnight. Just pull it out in the morning and pop it in the oven and then go enjoy your family or overnight company while it bakes.
Check out more family favorite breakfast casseroles:
Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole
- 8 oz chopped green chilies
- 1 lb. grated cheese half cheddar and half Monterey Jack
- 3 eggs
- 3 C milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C Bisquick
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Layer 1/2 of chilies and cheese in pan.
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt and Bisquick
- Pour over top of chilies and cheese.
- Can be covered with foil and stored in the refrigerator over night.
- Remove from refrigerator and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.