Avalanche Bark is a cross between a Rice Krispie treat, fudge and candy bark with a flavor combination of white chocolate and peanut butter. Pretty much a perfect combo!
The rice krispies add a nice crunch and the marshmallows give it a little chewiness.
The recipe is a copycat recipe from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I love their apple pie caramel apples and have made a copycat recipe for those too.
I am a big candy bark fan. One of the reasons I like bark so much is that it is easy candy to make, no candy thermometer required. It comes together quickly and you can get creative with what you put it in.
Avalanche Bark is a combination of white chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate chips and marshmallows and rice cereal and is the perfect thing to add to your holiday cookie or treat plate. But be warned, this stuff is addictive!
How to Make Avalanche Bark
Place your marshmallows and chocolate chips in freezer while your chocolate is melting. This will help prevent them from melting when you stir then into the warm chocolate mixture.
In a double boiler, over medium heat ,or in the microwave, melt white chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir until smooth and melted. Allow to cool for five minutes.
If using the microwave melt the chocolate slowly as it can burn easily. Check it a few times and stir each time.
Add rice cereal to melted chocolate. Stir to combine. Set aside and allow to come to room temperature.
Do not place the mixture in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process. The chocolate may harden too quickly. After the mixture comes to room temperature add in cold marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Don’t over mix as chocolate chips may melt. They may melt a bit anyway and that’s ok.
Spread the mixture onto a greased or parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet. Smooth out the top.
Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until hard. Cut or break into desired size pieces.
Check out more of my favorite bark recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Avalanche Bark Recipe
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place semi sweet chocolate chips and marshmallows in freezer to harden
- Combine white chocolate chips and peanut butter In a double boiler over medium heat, stir to melt chocolate and peanut butter. This can also be done in the microwave but do it slowly as the chocolate can burn easily.
- Allow melted chocolate to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add in Rice Krispie cereal to chocolate and let mixture come to room temperature.
- Fold in the chilled marshmallows and chocolate chips. Do not over mix or the chips may melt.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 baking sheet
- Smooth out the top using a second sheet of wax paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until harden.
- Cut or break into desired size pieces.