Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle is just like enjoying the buttery, crispy edges of the cookie in every bite. It’s easy to make and addictive!
Remember that yummy Brownie Brittle I shared a while ago? Ever since I made it I have been thinking about it. Good thing there are no calories in thinking about food or I’d be in real trouble.
I got to thinking about all kinds of fun flavors of cookie brittle you could make. Since my favorite cookie flavor is chocolate chip I knew I had to start with that.
What is Cookie Brittle?
It has all the flavor of a chocolate chip cookie but is thin and crisp shortbread cookie with chocolate chips added in. It’s the perfect thing to dunk in a nice cold glass of milk.
I made it over the weekend for our Memorial Day BBQ and it pretty much disappeared right away.
How to Make Cookie Brittle
- Mix up cookie dough
- Press dough into the bottom of an ungreased 10 x 15 jelly roll sheet pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool. It will crisp up as it cools but if you find it is not crisp enough return the oven for another 5 minutes
- After completely cool, break into pieces. If you prefer more even pieces, use a pizza cutter and cut through the bars before they cool completely. Then allow to cool completely before removing pieces.
Mine isn’t Crisp Enough
After mine was cool I found that part of the pan wasn’t as crisp as the rest of it so I just stuck that section of the cookie bark back in the oven for about 5 more minutes and it will crisp right up. Because it is a shortbread base it is nice and rich and buttery.
I liked using the mini chocolate chips in it but I am sure regular size chips would work just fine.
How Do You Store Cookie Brittle?
In order to stay crisp, it needs to be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. But honestly, I never have any leftover!
Can You Freeze It?
It freezes great. Just be sure it is in an airtight freezer container. It will keep for several months. Enjoy it frozen or allow to thaw at room temperature.
For other delicious cookie recipes check these out:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bark
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix together butter, vanilla, salt and sugars and beat until blended.
- Add in flour and chocolate chips and mix.
- Press into an ungreased 15 x 10 jelly roll style cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool. It will crisp up as it cools but If it is not crisp enough return to oven for another 5 minutes
- After cool, break into pieces.
Originally shared May 28, 2013
Leave a Review