White Chocolate Raspberry Tart is a perfect flavor combo. It is easy and delicious and the perfect way to show someone you care on Valentine’s Day.
This post is sponsored by Albertsons and Safeway but all opinions are my own.
One of my favorite flavor combinations is white chocolate and raspberries.
The first time I was introduced to this combination was when I was in the hospital following the birth of my fourth child and my sweet friend April came to visit me. She brought a darling gift for the baby but for me she brought a bar of white chocolate and a basket of fresh Oregon raspberries (it was July). It was amazing and I sat there in bed and ate every bit of it all by myself!
This white chocolate raspberry tart is the perfect way to enjoy my favorite flavor combination and celebrate those you love this Valentine’s Day. Celebrating doesn’t have to be a lot of work and be expensive. By serving an easy and delicious dessert like this White Chocolate Raspberry Tart and adding some pretty flowers to the table you have a celebration!
I used to be one of those people who thought I had to do a big elaborate meal for every holiday that came along. In my older and wiser years, I’ve learned how to simplify and that with a few simple touches you can turn an ordinary dinner into something special.
It’s easy to take a simple, regular weeknight meal and turn it into a celebration by adding flowers. With a quick trip to the floral department of your local Albertsons or Safeway store you will be ready to celebrate. I love their pre-arranged, ready to go debi lilly designTM floral bouquets. debi lilly design is carried exclusively at the Albertsons and Safeway family of stores. I picked up this beautiful hydrangea bouquet at my local Safeway. The flowers were beautiful and fresh and they lasted a long time!
You will be able to tell it’s a debi lilly design bouquet by the name on the wrapping.
The debi lilly design collection offers beautiful bouquets that are ready to “chop & drop” – these bouquets are prearranged, so just simply cut the stems to length, and drop them right into a beautiful debi lilly design vase, and you’re set. Of course, don’t forget to add water.
Lucky for you the debi lilly design collection offers an amazing selection of containers too. I’m totally in love with this striped ceramic pitcher. It is perfect for Valentine’s Day plus I can use it all year long.
I’m sharing all my tips and tricks for working with flowers in the video below.
So you’ve got your flowers and now all you need is a delicious dessert and your Valentine’s Day celebration will be complete. Not only is this white chocolate raspberry tart pretty but it is delicious too. This recipe was given to me years ago by my dear friend Deb. She’s an amazing cook and she knew I’d love it too.
You start with a buttery crust.
After baking the tart shell, fill it with fresh raspberries.
Then pour the melted white chocolate mixture over the raspberries and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the chocolate to set up. It will not get hard but will be perfectly smooth and soft.
When you are ready to serve, grab a pretty plate or cake stand, pop it out of the tart pan and you are ready to go. Just be sure and add some pretty flowers too.
Don’t wait for a holiday though to visit the floral department of your local Albertsons or Safeway store. I am a firm supporter of buying yourself flowers and always having fresh flowers in the house. Couldn’t be easier thanks to Albertsons
The debi lilly design products are available in my area exclusively at my local Safeway and Albertsons. You can also find them at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Some other recipes with my favorite flavor combo of white chocolate and raspberry include these yummy Raspberry White Chocolate Bars, Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies, and White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cakes.
White Chocolate Raspberry Tart Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. ice water
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 cup hot whipping cream but do not boil, or it will curdle
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Mix flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Beat together the egg yolk and whipping cream and pour over flour mixture.
- Stir dough, adding just enough of the water to make a dough.
- Form a ball and flatten into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 1/8 inch thick round.
- Transfer to a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Fit dough into bottom and up sides of pan.
- Prick crust all over and cover edges with foil (remove during last 5 minutes of baking)
- Bake crust in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Mix in cream and butter.
- Remove from water.
- Sprinkle raspberries over bottom of prepared crust, saving a few berries for garnish.
- Pour filling over berries and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour
- (This can be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated, but allow tart to stand at room temperature one hour before serving).
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.