White Chocolate Raspberry Tart is easy and delicious and the perfect flavor combination.
One of my favorite flavor combinations is white chocolate and raspberries. The first time I was introduced to this combination was when I was in the hospital following the birth of my fourth child and my sweet friend April came to visit me. She brought a darling gift for the baby but for me she brought a bar of white chocolate and a basket of fresh Oregon raspberries (it was July). It was amazing and I sat there in bed and ate every bit of it all by myself!
How to Make a Raspberry Tart
- You start with a buttery crust.
- After baking the tart shell, fill it with fresh raspberries.
- Then pour the melted white chocolate mixture over the raspberries and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the chocolate to set up. It will not get hard but will be perfectly smooth and soft.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
When you are ready to serve, grab a pretty plate or cake stand, pop it out of the tart pan and you are ready to go. Just be sure and add some pretty flowers too.
If you love white chocolate and raspberry as much as I do, check out these recipes:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Bars,
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies,
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cakes.
White Chocolate Raspberry Tart Recipe
White Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp ice water
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 cup hot whipping cream but do not boil, or it will curdle
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Mix flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Beat together the egg yolk and whipping cream and pour over flour mixture.
- Stir dough, adding just enough of the water to make a dough.
- Form a ball and flatten into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 1/8 inch thick round.
- Transfer to a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Fit dough into bottom and up sides of pan.
- Prick crust all over and cover edges with foil (remove during last 5 minutes of baking)
- Bake crust in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Mix in cream and butter.
- Remove from water.
- Sprinkle raspberries over bottom of prepared crust, saving a few berries for garnish.
- Pour filling over berries and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour
- (This can be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated, but allow tart to stand at room temperature one hour before serving).
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.