Melting Moments are true to their name. These soft and yummy butter cookies melt in your mouth when you take a bite.
Melting Moment cookies are a classic. I compiled of list of the 20 cookie recipes everyone should have and I need to add this one to the list. Another classic cookie are these delicious Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have several dozen chocolate chip cookie recipes on my blog and this is the one I come back to time and time again. Find all my cookie recipes here.
Melt in Your Mouth Cookies
As I was looking through my recipes, trying to satisfy a cookie craving I came across this cookie recipe, a cookie my mom use to make when I was young. I love these cookies and they do live up to their name as they literally “melt in your mouth.” She usually made them at Christmas time but they are wonderful all year round.
These cookies are sometimes called “cornstarch” cookies because they have 2/3 cup of cornstarch in them. It is the cornstarch that makes them so tender that they melt in your mouth. There are no eggs in this recipe so don’t think I forgot them. You’d be surprised how often I get an email asking me if I forgot to list the eggs on the recipe!
4 Ingredient Cookies
The cookie is made with only four ingredients – cornstarch, butter, powdered sugar and flour. I like to frost the cookies for some amazing flavor so if you add in those ingredients, it’s 7 ingredients!
I add lemon zest and juice to the frosting but you can also use orange or lime.
How to Make Melting Moments
- Cream the Butter
- Add in powdered sugar, flour and cornstarch and mix to combine.
- Roll dough into even size balls, a small golf ball size.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 12 minutes, only until the edges just begin to slightly brown. They are a pale cookie.
- Make frosting while cookies bake and frost cookies when cool.
Because of the cornstarch these are fairly fragile cookies so I recommend making them and eating. They don’t package or ship well.
Other favorite cookies you might enjoy:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Melting Moments Cookies
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced or enough to make frosting right consistency
- grated lemon rind
- Cream butter.
- Add in flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Roll into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes (edges will be only slightly brown)
- Cream butter and add in sugar, juice and zest.
- Cool cookies and frost.