Today’s recipe is the perfect treat for your non chocolate lovers for Valentine’s Day or just about perfect for any day.
I love chocolate as much as the next person but there are actually times when I will pick a non chocolate dessert over a chocolate one. Can you believe it!? Chocolate seems to be the choice of the season with Valentine’s Day fast approaching but today I’d like to share with you a pretty and delicious dessert idea for all the non-chocolate lovers in your life. I bet the chocolate lovers are going to like it too though!
Todays recipe is called Swedish Cream for a reason – it is creamy! It is light and delicious and made even more yummy and pretty when it is topped with fresh fruit. It is the perfect light and lovely dessert for your Valentine.
A layer of fresh raspberry sauce on top is pretty much pure prefection.
Just grab a spoon and dig in. It is pretty much heaven on a spoon.
Swedish Cream Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon plain gelatin
- 1/4 C cold water
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 C plain greek yogurt
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Raspberries and blueberries for garnish
- 2 C fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 C water plus 2 Tablespoons water divided
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Mix gelatin into cold water and allow to stand for one minute
- Combine whiping cream, sugar and soaked gelatin in a pan.
- Cook over medium heat until gelatin dissolves, approx. 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool for 15 minutes
- Mix in yogurt, sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into individual cups.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Top with raspberry sauce and fresh berries.
- In a pan combine the berries, water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mash up raspberries and put through a fine sieve to remove as many seeds as possible.
- Throw away seeds.
- Add cornstarch to remaining 2 Tbsp water, stir until smooth.
- Add into raspberry mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Cook for one minute and then remove from heat and cool.
- Add to top of Swedish Cream.
Recipe adapted from Darigold.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.