Growing up, there was always some type of roast for Sunday dinner. It was pretty standard fare for both my husband and I. And even though we are not big red meat eaters at our house, sometimes a nice, tender Sunday Pot Roast is just what you need.
We go to church for three hours each Sunday (yes, you read that right – 3 hours). My Sunday pot roast cooks for exactly three hours so it is the perfect Sunday dinner.
I pop it in as we leave and it is ready to eat when we arrive home. Since it cooks with the potatoes and carrots all we really need to do is add in a green salad and we are good to go. Of course a basket full of warm home made rolls doesn’t hurt either.
I use my nice big heavy duty roasting pan. Mix together the beef broth, soup and soup mix. Pour it over the roast and pop it in the oven.
How easy is that. My friend Jane taught this quick and easy method for perfect pot roast every time.
Some of my other favorite Sunday dinner ideas:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Sunday Pot Roast Recipe
Sunday Pot Roast
- 4 lb chuck roast, pot roast
- 1 1 oz. envelope Lipton onion soup
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 1 cup beef broth
- 5 carrots peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Peel carrots and potatoes and place in roasting pan.
- Put roast into roasting pan on top of potatoes and carrots.
- Mix together soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and beef broth
- Pour over roast
- Cover and bake for 3 hours at 325 degrees
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally posted March 30, 2011
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.