Create a delicious Chicken Caprese Sandwich using fresh ingredients. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
I love to use fresh ingredients out of our garden, and this sandwich came to be when I had an abundance of basil and tomatoes. We make a lot of caprese salads, so I decided to turn that yummy salad into a delicious sandwich using grilled chicken and sliced cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
Ciabatta bread is perfect for this sandwiches because it holds up really well under the weight of the chicken breast. I topped the roll with chicken and then added a layer of pesto mayo.
I then topped it with some fresh tomato, Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese slices and fresh basil.
Of course no Caprese chicken sandwich would be complete with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
This sandwich is delicious and holds up so well in a lunch bag. Just be sure to add in an ice pack or refrigerate the sandwich until lunch time to keep the cheese fresh and the mayo chilled.
Check out more of my delicious sandwich recipes:
Chicken Caprese Sandwich Recipe
Chicken Caprese Sandwich
- 2 10 oz. grilled chicken breasts
- 1 tomato sliced
- fresh basil
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 8 slices Mozzarella cheese
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- 1/4 C mayo
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- Grill chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cool chicken and slice each breast into two pieces, horizontally and then vertically. You will have 8 pieces of chicken, two for each roll.
- Place chicken on sliced roll
- Combine mayo and pesto until smooth
- Top chicken with Pesto Mayo
- Add tomato, cheese, fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Combine 1/4 c mayo and pesto, stir to combine