Soft and delicious, these Cake Mix Cookies are perfect on their own or as a base for an ice cream sandwich.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
I volunteered to be in charge of dessert for our cul de sac 4th of July celebration. Celebrating together as neighbors has been a tradition for as long as we have lived in our home – over 20 years. It is a much anticipated party! I love getting my guests involved in putting their food together so I decided to provide all the makings for ice cream sandwiches. You can find all the info on how I put the ice cream sandwich bar together here.
Best Cookie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cake mix cookies are easy to make, delicious and the perfect cookie for an ice cream sandwich because they are nice and soft. They don’t crack or crumble when you put your sandwich together or when you bite into it. They are simple because they only require 3 ingredients.
Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients
- Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake)
How to Make ice cream Sandwiches
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Scoop dough according to the size of ice cream sandwiches you want to make.
- Cookies will flatten out just the right amount as they bake.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Add a scoop of ice cream between two cookies.
- Roll or sprinkle the ice cream with some sprinkles, mini M & M’s, nuts or what ever your favorite ice cream topping is.
Cake Mix Cookie Variations
You can use all different flavor of cake mixes.
- Some of our favorites include:
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Lemon Cake Mix
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze ice cream sandwiches after making them?
Yes! They are a great make ahead treat. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil so that they are air tight. I then like to place them in a zippered freezer bag. They will last for up to 2 months.
Try these other fun recipes too!
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Cake Mix Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 1 gallon ice cream
- sprinkles, nuts, M & M's
- Combine dry cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Mix until blended
- Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.
- Fill with ice cream, sprinkle with desired topping.