Soft and delicious, these Cake Mix Cookies are perfect on their own or as a base for an ice cream sandwich.
Filling your ice cream sandwiches with homemade ice cream makes them even better! Check out some of my favorite fun ice cream flavors and treats including Blueberry Ice Cream,
I volunteered to be in charge of dessert for our cul de sac 4th of July celebration. Celebrating together as neighbors has been a tradition for as long as we have lived in our home – over 20 years. It is a much anticipated party! I love getting my guests involved in putting their food together so I decided to provide all the makings for ice cream sandwiches. You can find all the info on how I put the ice cream sandwich bar together here.
Best Cookie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cake mix cookies are easy to make, delicious and the perfect cookie for an ice cream sandwich because they are nice and soft. They don’t crack or crumble when you put your sandwich together or when you bite into it. They are simple because they only require 3 ingredients.
3 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie
- Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake)
How to Make ice cream Sandwiches
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Scoop dough according to the size of ice cream sandwiches you want to make.
- Cookies will flatten out just the right amount as they bake.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Add a scoop of ice cream between two cookies.
- Roll or sprinkle the ice cream with some sprinkles, mini M & M’s, nuts or what ever your favorite ice cream topping is.
Cake Mix Cookie Variations
You can use all different flavor of cake mixes. I also did a batch of cookies using funfetti cake mix which was a big hit – by adults and kids. Red Velvet would be fun and even lemon! The possibilities are endless with different cake mix flavors and different flavor ice creams.
All that is left to do is to take a big bite!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Cake Mix Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 1 gallon ice cream
- sprinkles, nuts, M & M's
- Combine dry cake mix, eggs and oil together.
- Mix until blended
- Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.
- Fill with ice cream, sprinkle with desired topping.