Add this slow cooker beef curry to your dinner rotation this week. It is full of flavor and is delicious served with rice or naan bread.
This beef curry is a great slow cooker recipe that is is full of flavor and some heat. But you can totally control the heat by the amount of curry powder you put in. I over did it a bit the first time I made it. It was delicious but my husband suggested that the next time I make it I turn down the heat just a bit! The first time I made it I used 2 Tbsp of curry and the next time just 1 Tbsp. and it was just right. So depending on your tolerance level choose accordingly. I generally go for a low heat level because I don’t like to sweat when I eat.
I used stew meat along with red potatoes for this recipe. The recipe also called for fire roasted tomatoes and I used some that had green chiles in it for even more flavor. Everything goes into the crock pot along with some torn up naan bread which acts as a thickener. I think I will try leaving it out next time and see how it works. Adding in the naan breads add gluten into the dish which some people may not want. I think it would be plenty thick without it.
Then I just let it cook on low for about 7 hours.
I love serving curry over brown rice with a side of naan bread. I just tear off a piece of the naan bread and scoop up some rice and curry mixture. It is a filling and satisfying meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Try these other delicious Indian recipes:
Beef Curry Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- 2 lb.s cubed beef stew meat
- 1 lb. small red skinned potatoes cut into quarters
- 1-2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 slice naan bread
- 2 15 oz. cans diced fire roasted tomatoes with chiles or without
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Toss the beef and potatoes with the curry powder, cumin, ginger, garlic, salt and a few shakes of fresh ground pepper.
- Place in 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Crumble 1/2 slice of naan a bread into small pieces over mixture in slow cooker.
- Add in tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Serve over rice and with naan bread
- Garnish with cilantro.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.