Cheesy Ranch Potatoes are a classic comfort food covered in cheese and bacon and are the perfect side dish for just about anything including your Easter ham!
Easter is just around the corner and if ham is your traditional Easter dinner fare I am sure there is also potatoes on the menu. They just seem to go together. Don’t think you can have one without the other.
Growing up we always had what we fondly referred to as Funeral Potatoes with our ham. We called them that because in our church when the Relief Society (women’s organization) would provide dinner for a funeral the traditional menu was always ham and funeral potatoes. Funeral potatoes are covered in sour cream, cheese and cream of chicken soup.
Today I’ve got a little bit more grown up version of this dish. My family loved them and even the non potato eating member of the family (me) enjoyed them. How could you not enjoying something covered in bacon and cheese, yum!!!
How to Make Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- Potatoes. I always use russet potatoes cut into bite size pieces. Do not peel the potatoes. You could also use red potatoes.
- Cheese. I like to use a combination of medium sharp cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese. If you don’t want the little bit of kick from the pepper jack, use Monterey jack instead. If you want your potatoes extra cheesy, feel free to double the amount of cheese.
- Bacon. I like to make sure my bacon is nice and crisp, then cut it up into small pieces.
- Dressing. Use bottled Bacon Ranch Dressing.
- Seasoning. Garlic salt and minced dried are all you need.
- Bake. Bake at 350 degrees F. in a greased 9 x 13 pan covered with foil for 60 minutes. Increase heat to 400 degrees F. remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes, the last 5 minutes add some additional cheese on top.
- Garnish. Use chopped green onions or chives.
As far as I am concerned this recipe is the perfect addition to your Easter dinner or any dinner!
What to serve with Cheesy Ranch Potatoes:
Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- 6 large russet potatoes unpeeled and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup Bacon Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- ¼ cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 slices pepper bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine dressing, garlic salt, onion, cheese and bacon.
- Add in potatoes and mix to coat.
- Place in a greased 9×13 pan and cover with foil.
- Cook 35 minutes covered with foil and 35 minutes uncovered. Stir several times while baking. Depending on your oven, they may need an additional 15 minutes.
- The last five minutes sprinkle with some extra cheese and put under the broiler until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with green onion.
Originally posted March 28, 2013