Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are the perfect combo of cheesecake and pumpkin pie.
These Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars will be loved by everyone you serve them to! . They begin with a crunchy, nutty layer on the bottom. Followed by a layer of pumpkin cheesecake. That is topped with a thin layer of sour cream and more crunchy, nutty topping!
It is the perfect combination of pumpkin pie and cheesecake. And the layer of pecans and oats on the top and bottom is the perfect contrast to the creamy cheesecake. If you are serving these at a part and are concerned about nut allergies, you can make the crumble topping without the pecans! Either way, it is the perfect Fall dessert!
Pumpkin cheesecake bars are allways a huge success when I serve them to guests. You know people really love them when you get requests for the recipe after the party!
So if you have pumpkin pie fans and cheesecake fans this Thanksgiving, give pumpkin cheesecake bars a try and make everyone happy!
If you love pumpkin, try these other fall desserts:
Light and Fluffy Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bar Recipe
Pumpkin Cheescake Bars
Crust and Crumb Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter chilled and diced
- 1 cup pecan halves about 4 ounces
- 3/4 cup oats old-fashioned or quick rolled oats
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin a little less than a full 15-ounce can
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Sour Cream Filling:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Crust and Crumb Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9X13-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Blend the flour, brown sugar, salt, and butter by pulsing (in a blender or food processor) until the texture is like coarse meal. Add the pecans and pulse until the nuts are chipped. Add the oats, and again pulse until the mixture is moistened by not clumping.
- Press about 3 cups of the crumbs onto the bottom of the prepared 9X13-inch pan. Transfer the remaining crumbs to the lined baking sheet. Bake the crumbs until golden, stirring once, about 8-10 minutes. Cool crumbs.
- While they cool, bake the crust until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside while preparing filling. Keep the oven turned on.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the filling over the warm crust and bake until it is slightly firm to the touch and the edges are just slightly risen, about 18-20 minutes.
Sour Cream Filling
whisk sour cream, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl.
- Next, Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over the hot, baked filling. Bake until the topping sets and bubbles at the edges. About 5-7 minutes. Cool the bars completely in the pan set on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, sprinkle the golden crumbs over the bars and gently press them into the sour cream. Cover the bars and chill until cold, about 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve.