This Prosciutto Pizza with Blackberry Basil is not only delicious but it is so pretty. You will love the flavors in this pizza.
Prosciutto pizza with basil and blackberries is a unique flavor combination that you will love. I know it sounds different, but I promise it works!
To start, make my go to pizza crust recipe.
I made two different versions. One using red sauce and the other using some garlic infused olive oil as the base. I loved them both. The restaurant uses a traditional pizza sauce base but if I had to pick one I think it would be the one with the garlic infused olive oil base.
How to Make Prosciutto Pizza
Roll out the dough onto a paddle that is covered in cornmeal. Then spread a layer of the garlic infused olive oil onto the dough. You can make individual size pizzas or one large pie.
Top the crust with prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, blackberries, basil and some Parmesan.
For a crispy crust, cook the pizza on a stone heated in the oven. If you do not have a stone, use a regular pizza pan.
If you prefer a red sauce instead of an olive oil base, check out my favorite pizza sauce recipe here.
Both versions are delicious!
It is a fun twist on the typical Hawaiian Pizza combo – instead of pineapple you are using blackberries and instead of Canadian Bacon you’ve got prosciutto. Basil is the perfect addition to the flavor combo. Try and see what you think!
Prosciutto Pizza Recipe
Prosciutto Pizza with Basil and Blackberry
- Perfect Pizza Crust Recipe
- Pizza Sauce
- 10 slices Prosciutto very thinly sliced
- 1 C Blackberries cut in half
- 1/4 C Basil chopped
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- Cornmeal for paddle.
- If using garlic infused olive oil, combine oil and garlic.
- Make pizza crust and allow to rise according to directions.
- After rising roll out crust onto a cornmeal covered pizza paddle.
- Cover dough with either pizza sauce or garlic infused olive oil.
- Add prosciutto, blackberries, mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Back at 450 for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.