I love pizza in any shape and form, and this Pizza Monkey Bread has all the great flavor pizza in a fun pull apart loaf!
Bubble Pizza Recipe
Pizza Pull Apart Bread or Bubble Pizza is made with frozen bread dough. It is a fun and different way to enjoy all the flavors of a pizza. Not only does it make a fun dinner but it also makes a great appetizer for a party.
I basically used the same recipe that I did for that delicious Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread I shared a while ago. I just made a few changes and substitutions.
How to Make Pizza Monkey Bread
- Thaw 16 frozen rolls. I like to use the Rhodes brand. Let them thaw for about 45 minutes.
- Using a clean pair of scissors cut the rolls in half.
Pour 1/2 C pizza sauce and 1/2 C of grated cheese over cut rolls and combine. You want each piece to be covered in sauce and cheese.
- Add in a 1/2 C of sausage crumbles or mini pepperoni. If you can’t find the mini pepperoni just cut regular size into quarter. I found the mini in the deli section of the grocery store.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with the pieces of dough. Cover with remaining cheese.
What if I don’t have a Springform Pan?
You can use a bundt pan or a regular 9 x 13 pan as well. Be sure to spray it with a non stick baking spray. You may need to adjust your baking time though.
- Allow to rise for about 1 – 1 1’2 hours until nice and puffy. To speed up the process, use my trick and turn your oven onto 150 degrees. Once it preheats turn the oven off and place your bread in the oven. It will raise in about half the time.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 20-25 minutes or until it is nice and golden brown and cooked all the way through.
It is now ready to eat! So dig in. Yes, use your fingers!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Pizza monkey Bread Recipe
Pizza Monkey Bread Recipe
- 16 frozen white dinner rolls
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ cup sausage crumbles or mini pepperoni
- Remove frozen rolls from freezer and loosely wrap them in plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half with a clean pair of scissors
- Pour pizza sauce and ½ C cheese over dough and stir to coat. Add in sausage or meat of choice
- Be sure each piece is coated.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with the pieces of dough and top with remaining cheese
- Allow to rise in warm place for 1½ hours
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and center is completely done.