I love pizza in any shape and form, and this Pizza Pull Apart Bread is all the great flavor in a fun pull apart loaf!
Pizza Pull Apart Bread with Frozen Bread Dough is a fun and different way to eat pizza. Not only does it make a fun dinner but it also makes a fun appetizer for a party. Pizza is definitely a finger food!
I basically used the same recipe that I did for that delicious Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread I shared a while ago. I just made a few changes and substitutions.
The procedure is the same. Thaw 16 frozen rolls. I like to use the Rhodes brand. Let them thaw for about 45 minutes.
Then using a clean pair of scissors cut the rolls in half.
Pour in 1/2 C pizza sauce and 1/2 C of grated cheese and combine. You want each piece to be covered in sauce and cheese.
I then added in a 1/2 C of sausage crumbles. Found these in the deli section of the grocery store. You could add in pepperoni or what ever your favorite pizza topping is.
Then line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with the pieces of dough. Cover with remaining cheese.
Then it needs some time to raise, get nice and puffy and full! Find a nice warm place and let it sit for about 1 1/2 hours or use my trick and turn your oven onto 150 degrees. Once it preheats turn it off and place your bread in the oven. It will raise in about half the time. You want it to look like this….
It is then ready to go into the 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes or until it is nice and golden brown and cooked all the way through and looks like this…
It is now ready to eat! So dig in. Yes, use your fingers!
Pizza Pull Apart Bread Recipe
Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- 16 frozen white dinner rolls
- ½ C pizza sauce
- 1 C grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ C sausage crumbles or choice of topping
- Remove frozen rolls from freezer and loosely wrap them in plastic wrap and allow to st at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half with a clean pair of scissors
- Pour pizza sauce and ½ C cheese over dough and stir to coat. Add in sausage or meat of choice
- Be sure each piece is coated.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with the pieces of dough and top with remaining cheese
- Allow to rise in warm place for 1½ hours
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and center is completely done.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.