Years ago we went to Disney World. We got into town late and we were starving. The first restaurant we found near our hotel that was open was Pizza Hut.
We ordered one of their deep dish pan pizzas. I remember it being the most delicious thing I had ever eaten – it could have been that I was ABSOLUTELY STARVING and anything would have tasted good but ever since then I have had an affection for their pan pizza.
When I found a recipe for Pizza Hut Pan Pizza over at Real Mom Kitchen I knew we had to try it. It was a huge hit with the family and the three pizzas feed us all with some left over.
What’s your favorite pizza topping? Are you a thin crust or a pan crust fan
- 1 1/3 C Warm water 105F
- 1/4 C Non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 C Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 pk Dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil for dough
- 9 Oz Vegetable oil 3 oz. per pan - (I just use enough to coat the pan)
- Butter flavored Pam I didn't use this
- premade pizza sauce or use my favorite Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 qt.) bowl
- Add water and stir to mix well
- Allow to sit for two minutes
- Add oil and stir again
- Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed
- Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes
- Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans ( or can use 1 - 9 inch pie plate and 1 - 9 x 13 dish) , put 3 Oz. of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle
- Place in cake pans
- Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam
- Cover with a plate
- Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on each pizza and spread to within 1 inch of edge
- Distribute 1 1/2 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese on each pizza
- Place toppings of your choice in this order - pepperoni or ham, vegetables, meats (cooked ground sausage or beef)
- Top with 3 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown - about 15 minutes
- I then brush outer edge of crust with garlic butter
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!