If you love the ChickFila Peppermint Milkshake, you can now make it in your own home any time of the year that you want to!
Now that all the kid’s are gone back to school I am cleaning out the cupboards and the refrigerators (yes, we have more than one) I’ve been throwing out the last remaining bits of Christmas candy, cookies etc. but the one thing I can’t bring myself to throw out are the leftover candy canes. I always end up with leftover candy canes.
In my husband’s family, after the holidays were over they would make peppermint ice cream with the left over candy canes. I love peppermint ice cream.
What is a ChickFilA Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake?
Each holiday season Chick Fil A brings out their Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes and they are divine! This shake is made with a base of vanilla ice cream with the addition of candy cane, peppermint extract and chocolate.
I decided to give a try at making my own at home and I was pretty pleased with the results. I may have to keep a stash of candy canes on hand so I can make them all year long!
Peppermint Milkshake Ingredients
- Ice Cream
- Candy Cane
- Chocolate Chips
- Peppermint Syrup or extract
How to Make a ChickFilA Peppermint Milkshake
- Combine vanilla ice cream, smashed candy cane, chocolate chips, milk and peppermint syrup into a blender. I used the Torani peppermint syrup but you can also use peppermint extract.
- Blend to desired consistency. If you like your shakes thick, add less milk.
- Top it off with some whipped cream and additional crushed candy cane.
What If I Don’t Have Candy Canes?
Now if you don’t have any leftover candy canes at your house go pick yourself up a bag of the Starlight mints that the stores carry all year long, they will work just fine!
Then all you need is a spoon to dig right in!!
For other yummy treats try:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract or 1-2 Tbsp peppermint Torani syrup to taste
- 4 crushed up candy canes
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream for topping
- extra crushed candy cane to sprinkle on top.
- Put ice cream, milk, extract and candy canes in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips and pulse for a few seconds.
- Top off with whipping cream and crushed candy cane.