This Pumpkin Pie Mikshake is the perfect way to use up leftover pumpkin pie. If you don’t have leftover pie, you will want to buy a pie just so you can make one!
I love my milkshakes, but I don’t like pumpkin pie, but I saw the idea of a pie shake on the menu at a restaurant in Provo, Utah. They had all different flavors and combos. I discovered that the idea of combining a piece of pie and a milkshake was pretty much brilliant. They put the whole piece of pie, crust and all, into the blender with ice cream.
So I had to try it with a slice of pumpkin pie, and everyone was glad I did!
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Leftover Pumpkin Pie
- Whipped Cream, garnish
- Caramel Sauce, garnish
How to make a Pumpkin Pie MilkShake
I decided I didn’t want to wait until we had leftover Thanksgiving pumpkin pie to give it a try so I bought a frozen pumpkin pie!
- Bake the pie according to directions on box or use leftover pie.
- Cut baked pie into slices and freeze individual slices.
- Chop up the frozen slice of pie.
- Place pie in blender along with ice cream, milk and blend.
Guess what? It is awesome!! Remember, I don’t even like pumpkin pie but a pumpkin pie shake is amazing! For me, it is the texture of pumpkin pie I don’t like but I like the flavor so a pumpkin pie milkshake is perfect.
You can also use pumpkin pie made from scratch. This would be a fun way to enjoy your leftover Thanksgiving pie. But the quick and easy store bought pie is pretty delicious too!
- Try it with any of your favorite leftover pie flavors! Banana Cream Pie Shakes, Chocolate Cream Pie Shakes, and Coconut Cream Pie Shakes just to name a few! The possibilities are endless, so try it with all of your leftover Thanksgiving pies.
Check out more of my favorite ice cream recipes:
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large slice pumpkin pie chopped and frozen (can be used unfrozen also)
- Whipped cream garnish
- caramel sauce garnish
- Combine ice cream, milk and pie in blender.
- Pulse to blend. Keep in freezer if not serving immediately.
- When ready to serve, stir and scoop with a big spoon into mugs. serve with a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a small piece of pie as a garnish.