The complete guide on how to fold a French crepe three different ways. Crepes are a French street food staple and so easy to make at home. Choose your filling and your fold and you are ready to eat!
There are a lot of options when it comes to folding a crepe. You can use one of the following three methods or get creative and come up with your own way. The important thing is that you enclose the yummy filling that is inside!
Be sure and check out my crepe recipe here.
This may be the most popular and easiest way to fold a crepe. It does require a fork to eat.
- Place your crepe on a plate. Place your filling down the middle of the crepe.
2. Fold over each side, one at a time so that they overlap.
3. Flip the crepe over so that the seam is on the bottom if you like.
This is the way that most crepe street vendors in France fold the crepe. It can be wrapped up in paper and eaten by hand easily or eaten with a fork on a plate. Don’t add the toppings on top if you are eating it in your hand.
- Place the crepe on a plate and put desired filling on one side.
2. Fold the crepe in half, covering the filling.
3. Fold up the bottom edge of crepe, 1/3 of the way up.
4. Fold the upper third of the crepe over the bottom part, to form a triangle.
5. Top with desired toppings such as lemon curd or Nutella and additional berries. Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
The square fold is best eaten on a plate with a fork.
- Place the crepe on a plate and add filling to the center of the crepe.
2. Fold right and left sides of crepe over the filling.
3. Fold top of crepe down and bottom of crepe up to form a square.
4. Flip crepe over, so seam is on the bottom and top with additional toppings or berries.
How ever you decide to fold a crepe, it will be delicious!
Check out these other crepe recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.