Soft and fluffy these 30 minute cheese herb rolls couldn’t be easier or more delicious. They are fancy enough for the holidays and easy enough for any weeknight meal.
Craving a homemade roll but think you don’t have time? Think again! These Cheese Herb Rolls are the answer. In 30 minutes you can have fresh, delicious rolls on the table.
Several years ago I shared with you a recipe for 30 Minute Rolls and it has become one of the most popular recipes here on the blog. I have heard back from so many of you who have tried them and loved them. For some of you it was your first time making yeast rolls and it is the perfect recipe to start with.
For today’s recipe I decided to take that same recipe and dress it up a bit and add in some cheese and fresh herbs.
It worked perfectly!
Herb Rolls Ingredients
Herbs. I used some fresh rosemary from my garden but you could really use any herb or herb blend you like. Just chop it up nice and fine. If you don’t have access to fresh herbs, dry herbs can also be used. Use half the amount of herbs if using dried herbs.
Cheese. I used a combination of four different cheeses. Cheddar and a three cheese blend of Parmesan, Asiago and Romano. You could use any cheese you like or combination! Get creative
How To Make Cheese Herb Rolls
- Proof yeast in water with oil and sugar. If you have any questions about working with yeast be sure and check out this post with all my tips and tricks.
- Mix up your dough, adding herbs in with the flour. Knead for a few minutes until dough is soft and then divide the dough up into 12 even size balls of dough
- Brush dough with melted butter. This helps the cheese stick better!
- Sprinkle tops of rolls with cheese mixture.
I sprinkled about a tablespoon or two of cheese on each roll. Can you have too much cheese!?!?
- Bake in a 400 degrees F oven for about ten minutes or until they are nice and golden brown.
- If you have any melted butter left you can brush them again after taking them out of the oven.
These rolls are amazing with any meal but we especially love to serve them with:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
30 Minute Cheese Herb Rolls Recipe
30 Minute Cheese Herb Rolls
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups grated cheese combination of Cheddar, Parmesan, Asiago and Romano
- 4 Tbsp melted butter divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped fine or 3/4 Tbsp dry
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour and dried herbs.
- Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (just a few minutes)
- Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Brush top of rolls with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- Sprinkle each role with 2 Tbsp of grated cheese mixture.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
Originally posted October 13, 2011