These Garlic Knots are a little piece of heaven! And this garlic knot recipe is the best I have had. You won’t be able to eat just one!
Every pasta dish is made that much better by a delicious side of bread. We have a lot of bread recipes that are perfect to serve with pasta, but these warm and cheesy garlic knots are by far our favorite. The first time I made them I ate 6 all by my self!
The garlic knots dough is actually just my favorite homemade pizza dough recipe. Anytime I make pizza for dinner, I save half of the dough to make these delicious garlic knots. The dough stores well for up to three days if sealed tightly in a ziplock bag.
To make garlic knots, you roll out the dough into a 9 inch square instead of a circle. Then, cut that square in half. You then cut each half into 1 inch strips. So you should end up with 18 strips of dough that are about 1 inch wide and 4.5 inches long. Then one by one, you tie each of those strips into a knot.
After baking you give them a dip in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, and salt. Then top them with cheese. How can anything drenched in olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese be anything but wonderful!! I highly recommend you give this garlic knots recipe a try!!
Garlic Knots Recipe
Garlic Knots Dough
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 5-6 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oile
- 1 lb garlic knot dough
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley or oregano chopped
- 1/4 cup Paremesan or Ramano cheese grated
Garlic Knot Dough
- In a large bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and salt in 2 cups of warm water. Let sit until yeast dissolves (about 5 minutes)
- Add 5 cups of flour and 2 Tbsp of olive olive oil to the yeast mixture. Blend until the dough start to form.
- Knead dough until it becomes springy and smooth. Approximately 5 minutes using a stand mixer or 10 minutes by hand.
- Once soft and silky, place the dough in a large, clean bowl coated with olive oil. Turn the dough once to coat with olive oil.
- Cover with a clean, dry dishtowel and let rise in a warm, draft free area until double in size.
- Once dough has doubled, punch the dough down and transfer to a lightly flour surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll out on floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Grease one large baking sheet
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin and a floured countertop, roll out the dough into a large (roughly 9 inch) square
- Cut the square in half with a pizza wheel, then cut each half crosswise into 1 inch strips
- Cover strips with a clean kitchen towel and pull out one strip of dough to work with at a time.
- Gently tie each strip into a knot, pulling ends slightly to secure, and place knots about an inch apart on the baking sheet
- Bake until golden brown , 15-20 minutes.
- While knots bake, mix together the minced garlic, salt and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Immediately after baking, toss knots in garlic oil, then sprinkle on the parsley and cheese.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.