It’s funny, when the kids were home I never really got into celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. I usually wore green on the actual day but sometimes I didn’t and I usually served something green for dinner but that’s about it. I think now that the kids are gone, decorating for the holidays, making holiday treats, and planning green food helps me not miss them as much. Maybe.
I like to let my meat sit at room temperature for 30-40 minutes before I cook it. Then before throwing it on the grill I give side of the meat a nice sprinkling of kosher salt.
Just grill the meat to the way you like it – a lot of pink or a little. The last few minutes before you take it off the grill brush a nice coating of pesto onto the meat and grill for a few minutes, repeat for both sides. I mixed the pesto with some white wine vinegar and water.
After you remove it from the grill let it sit for a few minutes more before slicing. It will continue to cook.
Brush another nice coating of pesto on the top of the flank steak right before cutting it to serve.
Doesn’t get much easier than that, does it!?
You can really turn any cut of meat into a St. Patrick’s Day meal with a nice coating of pesto.
Flank Steak with Pesto
- 1 flank steak about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs.
- 1/3 Cpesto
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Mix together the pesto, vinegar and water
- Allow steak to sit at room temperature for 30-40 minutes before grilling
- Heat grill
- Sprinkle both sides of meat with kosher salt
- Grill to desired temperature
- A few minutes before it is done brush both sides with pesto.
- Remove from grill and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes or so
- Brush top with a nice layer of pesto
- Slice and enjoy!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.