Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are also delicious and make the perfect quick, weeknight meal everyone will love.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
There are two things I love about these chicken lettuce wraps. First, it is so easy! It comes together super quick thanks to the use of broccoli slaw. The slaw and the almonds also give the dish great texture and crunch.
The second thing I love is the flavor. I used the teriyaki sauce from Trader Joes but you can use your favorite. Many lettuce wrap recipes I come across have a list of ingredients a mile long. This one doesn’t, so it is perfect for those nights when you need dinner, quick, easy and delicious!
Lettuce Wrap Ingredients
- Meat. I use ground turkey, ground pork or ground chicken but you could also use ground beef.
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning. Salt, pepper, garlic salt
- Broccoli Slaw. You can buy this prepackaged or make your own. You could also use shredded cabbage.
- Water Chestnuts. This gives the wraps some great crunch. You can also add in mushrooms.
- Teriyaki Sauce. Use your favorite brand. You can also just use soy sauce if you prefer less sugar.
- Sesame Oil.
- Slivered almonds or green onions for garnish.
- Lettuce. You can use iceberg lettuce or butter lettuce. Butter lettuce is softer and doesn’t crack as easily as iceberg.
How Do You Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
- Brown meat in a large frying pan with a little olive oil and onion.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- Once meat is cooked through add in broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil.
- Stir to combine and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve mixture wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with slivered almonds, additional teriyaki sauce and sweet chili sauce if desired.
Additional Add Ins for Lettuce Wraps
- For extra heat add in some sriracha or red pepper flakes.
- Add some diced red bell peppers in with the broccoli slaw.
Frequently Asked Questions
Broccoli slaw is found in a bag in the produce section of the grocery store, usually near the shredded cabbage or coleslaw. I love it because it’s yummy and there is no chopping involved.
You can use any of the following: Iceberg lettuce, Romaine lettuce or Butter lettuce. I prefer Butter lettuce because it is softer and doesn’t fall apart as easily as the iceberg lettuce does. Romaine works better than iceberg too.
We like to garnish them with sliced or slivered almonds and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce. You can also drizzle them with some additional teriyaki sauce.
You can serve it as both. If you are serving it as a main dish you may want to serve it with some rice or noodles.
How to Store and Reheat?
Keep leftover meat mixture and lettuce stored separately in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, place meat mixture in a skillet on the stove top over medium heat. Stir to heat through.
When you need a quick, easy and healthy dinner give this one a try.
Other favorite quick and easy dinner ideas:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 12 oz. bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 water chestnuts drained
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- slivered almonds garnish
- sweet chili sauce garnish
- green onions garnish
- Place oil into large skillet over medium heat
- When hot, add onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften
- Add ground meat, salt, pepper and garlic salt
- Cook until browned, crumbled and cooked through
- When meat is cooked, stir in broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until heated through
- Reduce heat to low until ready to serve
- Serve spoonfuls inside lettuce leaves
- Garnish with slivered almonds and sweet chili sauce.
Tips & Notes:
Originally posted September 17, 2017