Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are also delicious and make the perfect quick, weeknight meal everyone will love.
Easy Dinner Idea
There are two things I love about these chicken lettuce wraps. First, it is so easy! It comes together super quick thanks to the use of broccoli slaw. The slaw and the almonds also give the dish great texture and crunch.
The second thing I love is the flavor. I used the teriyaki sauce from Trader Joes but you can use your favorite. Many lettuce wrap recipes I come across have a list of ingredients a mile long. This one doesn’t, so it is perfect for those nights when you need dinner, quick, easy and delicious!
How Do You Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
- Use either ground turkey or ground chicken. I have used both.
- Brown meat in a large frying pan with a little olive oil and onion.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- Once meat is cooked through add in broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil.
- Stir to combine and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve mixture wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with slivered almonds, additional teriyaki sauce and sweet chili sauce if desired.
What is Broccoli Slaw?
Broccoli slaw is found in a bag in the produce section of the grocery store, usually near the shredded cabbage or coleslaw. I love it because it’s yummy and there is no chopping involvecd.
What Lettuce is best for Wraps?
You can use any of the following:
- Butter Lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Romaine Lettuce.
I prefer Butter lettuce because it is softer and doesn’t fall apart as easily as the iceberg lettuce does. Romaine works better than iceberg too.
When you need a quick, easy and healthy dinner give this one a try.
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 12 oz. bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 water chestnuts drained
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- Place oil into large skillet over medium heat
- When hot, add onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften
- Add ground meat, salt, pepper and garlic salt
- Cook until browned, crumbled and cooked through
- When meat is cooked, stir in broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until heated through
- Reduce heat to low until ready to serve
- Serve spoonfuls inside lettuce leaves
Originally posted September 17, 2017