Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps live up to their name – easy! They are also delicious and make the perfect quick, weeknight meal everyone will love.
There are two things I love about these chicken lettuce wraps. First, it is so easy! It comes together super quick thanks to the use of broccoli slaw. The slaw and the almonds also give the dish great texture and crunch. The second thing I love is the flavor. I used the teriyaki sauce from Trader Joes but you can use your favorite. Many lettuce wrap recipes I come across have a list of ingredients a mile long. This one doesn’t, so it is perfect for those nights when you need dinner, quick, easy and delicious!
One of my favorite restaurants is PF Changs and of course my favorite thing on the menu is their famous Lettuce Wraps. I love playing around with copycat recipes and, although it doesn’t taste just like the ones at PF Chang’s, they are delicious.
LA Notes: The original recipe called for ground turkey but I prefer ground chicken so I used that. This recipe uses a bag of broccoli slaw which can be found in the produce section with all the bagged salad. It is yummy and there is no chopping! I have used both iceberg lettuce and butter lettuce and prefer the butter lettuce, it is a softer lettuce and doesn’t “crack” as easily as the iceberg and is less messy.
When you need a quick, easy and healthy dinner give this one a try.
Other favorite quick and easy dinner ideas:
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 12 oz. bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 small can drained water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup Yoshida's Teriyaki or Gourmet Sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- Place oil into large skillet over medium heat
- When hot, add onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften
- Add ground meat, salt, pepper and garlic salt
- Cook until browned, crumbled and cooked through
- When meat is cooked, stir in broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until heated through
- Reduce heat to low until ready to serve
- Serve spoonfuls inside lettuce leaves