My Cranberry Bliss Bars are even better than the coffee shop version. Enjoy this seasonal Starbucks treat all year round by making it yourself.
Over the last few weeks I have had two different friends ask me if I had a recipe for Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars. This copy cat recipe is the perfect combination of cranberry, ginger, and white chocolate with a touch of orange zest. It is spot on.
I had a friend stop by so I had them help me with a side by side comparison of the cranberry bars. They looked pretty much the same. But the final verdict was mine were better!
I delivered a plate full of the bars to my friend who is a Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar fan. She stores an entire box of them in her freezer. And even she agreed! The cake on the homemade version is lighter and not as dense, which everyone preferred.
- All Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Ginger
- Vanilla Extract
- Dried Cranberries
- White Chocolate
- Candied Ginger
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Orange Zest
How to make Cranberry Bliss Bars
- The bar begins with a blondie cake base with dried cranberries, chunks of white chocolate and candied ginger. I found the candied ginger in the bulk food section of my grocery store
- After the cake base is cooked and cooled, a cream cheese frosting with a touch of orange zest is added.
- After frosting, sprinkle with some chopped dried cranberries and then give it a drizzle of melted white chocolate. I melt the white chocolate in the microwave and then put into a freezer zippered plastic baggie, zip close and then push chocolate into one corner of the bag. Snip the corner off and then drizzle over the cut bars. I use a freezer bag because it is heavier and easier to hold the hot, melted chocolate.
- You will want to keep the Cranberry Bliss Bars refrigerated because of the cream cheese frosting.
- Allow them to cook completely before cutting. Cut them into rectangular shaped pieces and then cut each rectangle in half diagonally.
I also like to cut the edges off of all four sides to give it a nice clean finish.
The Cranberry Bliss Bar would make a great addition to a cookie plate too – they are pretty. So if you are looking for some Bliss in your life – give these a try.
Check out more delicious cranberry treats:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Cranberry Bliss Bar Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup minced dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup quality white chocolate bar coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced candied ginger
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 2 Tbsp minced dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 pan
- Beat together butter and sugar and then add eggs and vanilla beating until light and fluffy
- Add flour, powdered ginger and salt. Mix well
- Fold in the cranberries, chocolate chunks and minced candied ginger
- Spread batter in pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown
- After cake cools, mix all frosting ingredients together and spread over top of cake
- Sprinkle with minced cranberries
- Use a cake decorating bag of melted chocolate with a small round decorating tip to drizzle the chocolate over the cake
- Cut into bars