Create this delicious Panera Copycat Asian Sesame Chicken Salad easily at home, Perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
We are getting glimpses of summer here in the Northwest although It isn’t here to stay yet. When I recently asked on Facebook what type of recipes you would like to see I got several requests for summer salads. Today’s recipe was given to me by my friend Deb. She introduced me to Panera and even sent me their cookbook. I am a big fan of their salads and was excited to be able to recreate them at home..
I love the flavor of sesame oil in the Asian dressing that goes with this salad.
For me the true mark of a good salad is the perfect combination of flavor and texture and this salad has it. In this salad you’ve got sesame oil, ginger, cilantro, mandarin oranges. The salad is topped with wonton strips, almonds and sesame seeds which add crunch and texture.
How to Make Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
- Marinate your chicken. Combine the marinade ingredients and allow chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken and slice.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and blend in a blender.
- Combine spinach and lettuce, add in oranges and dressing. Top with chicken and almonds, won ton strips and cilantro.
Serve this salad as a side salad or as a main dish salad with the chicken.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Asian Chicken Sesame Salad Recipe
Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- cilantro chopped
- 11 oz. mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- wonton strips
- sesame seeds
- Combine chicken marinade ingredients together and marinade chicken for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices
- Combine ingredients together and shake until combined
- Add together lettuce and spinach. Top with chicken, salad dressing and garnishes.