This Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad has great color, texture and flavor!
I had two different events last week that I had to take a salad too. I had planned to do two different salads but after I made today’s recipe for the first event and enjoyed it so much I decided I needed to make it for the second event too. It was just too yummy.
It was a big hit at both events and there are several people waiting on the recipe so I figured I better get it posted!
The salad has some nice crunch from the peanuts and carrots which I like and the dressing is nice and fresh with great flavor thanks to the lime juice, red pepper and cayenne pepper. Not hot at all, just enough to give it some good flavor.
The salad uses a combination of spinach and cabbage. I used the napa cabbage which I like better than the traditional cabbage. It’s a bit softer and prettier in a salad.
The combination of all the great flavors – lime, cilantro, red pepper, cayenne, peanuts etc. makes for a wonderful combination.
And one of your New Year’s resolutions is to eat a bit healthier this is a perfect choice for you. Enjoy!
Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp grated lime peel
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Combination of shredded Napa Cabbage and baby spinach about 5-6 cups
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 C chopped peanuts
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips
- In a bowl combine 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1 Tbsp cilantro,cayenne, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Add chicken and marinate for 30 minutes
- Heat pan and saute chicken until cooked through
- Set aside to cool
- In a bowl mix together the 1/2 C olive oil, 1/4 C lime juice, lime peel, vinegar, chili powder, sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, add together cabbage, spinach, carrots, cilantro, chicken and peanuts
- Add in dressing mixture and toss
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.