This Orange Ice Cream tastes just like that favorite summer time treat, a creamsicle. Making ice cream without an ice cream maker is so easy.
No Churn Ice Cream
I have shared a lot of ice cream recipes over the years and all of those recipes have required an ice cream maker. But today I’ve got an ice cream recipe that even those of you who do not own an ice cream maker can make. No ice cream maker required!
I have to admit I was a little skeptical but was amazed at how delicious it turned out. You don’t need an ice cream maker but you will need a mixer. I used my Kitchen Aid but a hand mixer will do too, it’s just a little more work.
Ice Cream Ingredients
- Orange juice and zest
- Lime Juice and zest
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipping Cream
How to Make No Churn Orange Ice Cream
- Juice and zest orange and lime.
- Mix together juice, zest and sugar.
- Add in whipping cream.
- Whip it until a nice soft peak forms.
- Place in a freezer container and allow it to harden or “ripen”
or about 5 hours.
Then all that is left is to scoop and serve!
Can I Make No Churn Ice Cream in An Ice Cream Maker?
This recipe is formulated to be made without an ice cream maker. If you want to use an ice cream maker I recommend using this recipe for Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream.
It has a perfect orange flavor with just a hint of lime and the texture is light and airy. This orange ice cream melts right in your mouth (just like ice cream is suppose to!)
For some other ice cream goodness try these:
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- Fresh Blueberry Ice Cream
- Lemon Ice Cream
- Peach Ice Cream
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos
Orange Ice Cream
Orange Ice Cream
- 1 large orange juiced and rind grated
- 1 lime juiced and rind grated
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Juice orange lime to get approximately 1 cup of juice.
- Grate zest of orange and lime
- Pour juice into sugar and stir to dissolve sugar
- Add in whipping cream
- Whip in mixer until soft peaks form.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze until firm. About 5 hours