Brown Butter Cake is moist and full of amazing flavor thanks to the browned butter.
This brown butter cake has amazing flavor. The cake is light and tender and the frosting is creamy and rich. A perfect combo. The secret ingredient to the cake and the frosting is browned butter. As far as I am concerned, the only thing that tastes better than butter, is browned butter!
One of our favorite ways to have browned butter is with ravioli. And then there are those Butter Fudge Fingers – chocolate and browned butter, yum! Another amazing way to enjoy browned butter is with cinnamon and on a cake!
How Do You make Browned Butter
- Place butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly. The butter will melt, get foamy and bubble and then start to turn golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat as soon as it just starts to turn golden brown, if you don’t you will have burned butter cake! It can go from browned to burned in a few seconds.
- You will be dividing the browned butter into equal portions between the cake and the frosting.
How to Make Brown Butter Cake
- This cake starts with a yellow cake mix. Do not add in the ingredients on the back of the cake mix box. Instead, add in browned butter, water, eggs and cinnamon listed below. It will give you a lovely light and tender cake.
- Bake the cake in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- The frosting also has browned butter in it which makes it the best part of the cake as far I’m concerned. Don’t get me wrong, the cake is delicious but the frosting is amazing!!
- Be sure the brown butter is cooled before adding it in with the other frosting ingredients.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
Some of my other favorite recipes made with brown butter:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Brown Butter Cake Recipe
Originally posted April 13, 2010
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.