All the flavors of apple pie ala mode in one place with this Apple Pie Ice Cream. A cinnamon based ice cream laced with chunks of apple and cinnamon graham crackers.
Ice Cream that Tastes Like Pie
The beginnings of Fall has arrived. The cooler mornings that I love, the leaves beginning to change and lots of apples at the Farmer’s Market! I think most of you would agree that Fall and apples can only mean one thing – apple pie. I love a good apple pie. And my Easy Apple Pie recipe usually hits the spot. But with the days still not being as cool as I like, I thought I would make some apple pie ice cream instead.
Apple Pie Ice Cream has all the flavors and things I love about apple pie but in an ice cream form. There are yummy, cinnamon and sugar coated apples along with the crunch of cinnamon graham crackers all in a cinnamon based ice cream.
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
I like to use Granny Smith apples because they are a nice tart apple and that helps balance out the sweetness of the ice cream.
How to Caramelize Apples
- Peel, core and dice apples.
- Saute apples in butter.
- Add in 3 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and cook until browned and caramelized, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove apples from pan and allow to cool.
How to Make Apple Pie Ice Cream
- Mix up ice cream base and put into ice ream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Once the ice cream has thickened up and is done processing stir in the cooled caramelized apples and broken up cinnamon graham crackers.
- Pour ice cream into an insulated ice cream container and freeze until firm.
This ice cream would also be amazing on top of an actual apple pie, double apple pie goodness.
How Long Will Homemade Ice Cream Last in the Freezer?
Not very long at our house but if you keep it in an airtight container it will last 1-2 weeks.
What Kind of Ice Cream Maker Should I use?
I made the ice cream in my table top 2 qt. Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker that I love! If you are looking for a new ice cream maker, give this one a look!
I loved all the cinnamon goodness in the ice cream. The cinnamon sugar apples, cinnamon ice cream and cinnamon graham crackers are such a delicious combo!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe
Apple Pie Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 large apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 cinnamon graham crackers broken into small pieces
- Peel, core and dice apples.
- Saute apples in butter. Add in 3 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and cook until browned and caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Crush graham crackers
- Combine milk, 1 1/4 C sugar, salt, half and half, vanilla extract, whipping cream and 2 tsp cinnamon into the ice cream maker.
- Process until done.
- Stir in caramelized apples and crush cinnamon graham crackers
- Put in freezer to harden up.