Are you one of “those” – one of “those” that has ALL of their holiday gifts purchased and wrapped??
I must admit I am kinda one of “those.” The gifts for my children and family are bought and wrapped (o.k. except for a couple!) but every year I find myself scrambling for all those miscellaneous gifts – you know the ones -the teachers, the neighbors, etc.
Today’s recipe for white chocolate popcorn crunch is the perfect thing to throw together when you are scrambling for one of those last minute gifts you need. It uses microwave popcorn so it is quick to put together.
A few holiday seasons ago my friend Jeanne dropped by a bag of yummy white chocolate popcorn. We loved it – in fact I am not sure the family even got to eat any of it because I think I consumed most of it myself! I love popcorn – especially when it is covered with white chocolate and mixed with chocolate , pretzels, peanuts and marshmallows!
Today’s recipe is one of my favorite holiday treats. I only make this at Christmas and look forward to it each year. The pretzels, chocolate candy and peanuts give it the crunch! I think my favorite thing in it though is the marshmallows. Love biting into that soft, sweetness.
The combination of the sweet and the salty in the popcorn is so good. You can use your favorite type of chocolate candy. I am a big fan of Sixlet chocolate candy. I have loved them since I was a kid and would pop them straight into my mouth for that little plastic tube they come in. When I saw that they now come in fun holiday colors I couldn’t wait to use them in the popcorn crunch!
After you coat your popcorn and other add ins with white chocolate you then top off everything by drizzling with milk chocolate for more chocolate goodness.
Of course if you are going to use the popcorn crunch for gifts you need a fun way to package it up. I used some cellophane bags I picked up at the craft store and used t his darling tag my friend Mique put together just for me! But I’m going to share it with you! It’s your lucky day.
Just attach the tag with a little baker’s twine and you’ve got a pretty and delicious gift! Download free printable here.
And now it gets even better. Not only do you get a yummy recipe and a free printable but I’ve got a giveaway for you too!!
How would you like your own little supply of yummy SweetWorks® products?
- 2 bags microwave popcorn (butter kind)
- 12 - 16 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
- ¾ C chocolate candies (Sixlets, M & M's etc.)
- ¾ C peanuts
- 1½ C stick pretzels
- 1 C mini marshmallows (I wish I had used more)
- 6 oz. dark or milk chocolate
- Pop popcorn, remove unpopped kernels.
- Put popcorn in a big bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together melted white chocolate, M & M’s, peanuts, marshmallows and pretzels until coated with white chocolate.
- Pour over popcorn and mix to coat popcorn with white chocolate.
- Spread onto two jelly roll pans or cookie sheets.
- Drizzle with melted dark or milk chocolate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or longer until chocolate has hardened and popcorn breaks apart in bit pieces. Munch away!