Also, Portland friends – if you’re looking for a fun date with a special little person in your life this week be sure and check out Disney on Ice Dare to Dream show! It is in Portland Oct. 25-28th. I’m taking my little friend Addi who is turning five this week on Thursday night!
Today’s recipe for Peanut Butter Pancakes is one of the recipes from our annual Back to School Breakfast that we held in September. Thanks to a few of my loyal readers who reminded me I hadn’t shared the recipe yet. Glad somebody is paying attention!!
Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods. When we go out to breakfast I am usually a sucker for the pancakes but I do love making them at home too.
Sometimes it is fun to change it up a bit, something different from the traditional buttermilk pancakes. Peanut Butter Pancakes is one way to do that.
Top them off with a little bit more peanut butter and a drizzle of honey and you’ve got a winner.
Peanut Butter Pancakes are a bit richer than your regular Buttermilk Pancakes but that’s not a bad thing.
It’s also a nice way to get a bit of protein into your pancakes.
You may want to check out these yummy pancakes recipes too:
Whole Grain Pancakes
- 1 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 C milk
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix together peanut butter, sugar and oil until smooth
- Add in egg and milk.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until blended. Do not overmix.
- Grease griddle and heat.
- Pour batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and then flip. Cook on second side for a few more minutes.