Today’s recipe for Peanut Butter Pancakes is one of the recipes from our annual Back to School Breakfast that we held in September. Thanks to a few of my loyal readers who reminded me I hadn’t shared the recipe yet. Glad somebody is paying attention!!
Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods. When we go out to breakfast I am usually a sucker for the pancakes but I do love making them at home too.
Sometimes it is fun to change it up a bit, something different from the traditional buttermilk pancakes. Peanut Butter Pancakes is one way to do that.
Top them off with a little bit more peanut butter and a drizzle of honey and you’ve got a winner.
Peanut Butter Pancakes are a bit richer than your regular Buttermilk Pancakes but that’s not a bad thing.
It’s also a nice way to get a bit of protein into your pancakes.
You may want to check out these yummy pancakes recipes too:
Whole Grain Pancakes
- 1 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 C milk
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix together peanut butter, sugar and oil until smooth
- Add in egg and milk.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until blended. Do not overmix.
- Grease griddle and heat.
- Pour batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and then flip. Cook on second side for a few more minutes.