Mexican Lasagna is sure to be a hit with the whole family and a fun flavor twist on a classic dish.
Lasagna is comfort food for a lot of people but I have to confess, I don’t make lasagna and I’m not sure I have ever made a lasagna from scratch, maybe once. If we have lasagna it usually comes from Costco. I find the whole process messy and time consuming.
Now Mexican Lasgana is another story. Not only is this a fun flavor twist on the traditionally Italian dish but there are no noodles to boil which is huge for me. Instead of noodles this Mexican Lasgana uses corn tortillas and all my other favorite Mexican flavors and foods. Of course, feel free to use flour tortillas if you prefer.
The process begins with a layer of tortillas covered with some refried beans. This is then topped with a meat mixture of hamburger, garlic, onion, taco seasoning and diced tomatoes with green chiles. On top of that layer is cheese and then you just repeat.
On top of the final cheese layer I added sliced black olives and green onions. It then bakes for about 20-25 minutes or until it is heated through and the cheese is melted.
This dish is one of those that is pretty much guaranteed to become a family favorite. It also makes a great dish to take to a group event or potluck. People love it!
Printable Recipe or Mexican Lasagna
- 1 lb. lean ground beaf
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 10 oz. can of diced tomatotes with green chiles
- 1 1 oz. package taco seasoning mix
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese, mexican blend
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced
- avocado, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan, brown hamburger along with onion and garlic. Stir in taco seasoning and canned tomatoes.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan and line with 6 corn tortillas, they will overlap.
- Spread half of refried beans over tortillas. Slightly warm beans to make them easier to spread.
- Cover with half of meat mixture and then half of cheese mixture.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, beans, meat mixture and cheese.
- Top cheese layer with sliced black olives and green onions.
- Bake or 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!