French Dip Sandwiches made in the Instant Pot are a perfect way to put together a quick and easy dinner that’s delicious!French Dip Sandwiches – I was having one of those food cravings the other day and it was for a French Dip Sandwich. They are my favorite. Whenever there is one on the menu, I order it!
I love making them at home too and I usually do it in my slow cooker. Making it in the slow cooker makes the meat so tender and juicy. The only problem was, my craving hit at about 3:00 in the afternoon and there was not enough time to make french dip sandwiches in the slow cooker. I had nothing else prepared for dinner so I had to figure out what to make for dinner and how to satisfy my craving.
Instant Pot to the rescue! The Instant Pot was the perfect solution to making the same tender and juicy meat I usually make in the slow cooker in a lot less time. That Instant Pot was the perfect solution to my lack of planning. I browned the seasoned pot roast with a little olive oil first using the saute feature of the Instant Pot. I then sauteed the onions and added back in the roast and the remaining ingredients into the instant pot. Set the time for 100 minutes and walked away!
If you plan ahead better than I do and want to use your slow cooker. Just brown the meat in a little olive oil in a pan on the stove top, season and then place in the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients.
The meat cooks for about 100 minutes on the meat setting and then there is the cool down phase of about 20-25 minutes. Then all you have to do is shred the meat and put the juices that are in the pot through a strainer and you have your au jus! Perfect for dipping.
I always butter and toast my buns, top it with my meat and then melt a piece of provolone cheese over the top of the meat. Then dip away!
We had leftover meat and so the next night I used it to make tacos. This is the Instant Pot I own.
Other favorite Instant Pot recipes:
- 3 lb. chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper (do not use diet)
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 6 soft sandwich rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Add oil to Instant Pot and press saute button.
- Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Place roast in Instant Pot and brown on both sides.
- Remove and add in onions. Stir to saute just until they begin to soften.
- Add beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, Dr. Pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Put meat back into pot and hit Meat/Stew and increase time to 100 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to do a natural release for about 20-25 minutes turn turn valuve to venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove meat and shred
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer and reserve for dipping sandwiches.
- Butter insides of sandwich rolls and toast under broiler under golden brown.
- Add meat onto roll, top with provolone cheese and place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Add top of roll and then serve with remaining au jus for dipping.
- Heat oil in a pan on the stove and brown roast on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onions to remaining oil and saute until they begin to soften.
- Place onions in slow cooker along with broth, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Dr. Pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- Shred meat and prepare sandwich as above.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!