Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are a perfect way to put together a quick and easy dinner that’s delicious!
I was having one of those food cravings the other day and it was for a French Dip Sandwich. They are my favorite. Whenever there is one on the menu, I order it! I love making them at home too and I usually use my Crockpot French Dip Recipe. Making it in the slow cooker makes the meat so tender and juicy. The only problem was, my craving hit at about 3:00 in the afternoon and there was not enough time to make french dip sandwiches in the slow cooker.
Instant Pot French Dip to the rescue! I modified my favorite recipe to make it in the instant pot, and it was the perfect solution to making the same tender and juicy meat I usually make , but in a lot less time.
How to Make French Dip in the Instant Pot
First, using the sauté feature, brown the seasoned pot roast with a little olive oil. Then, remove the beef and sauté the onions. Once the onions are finished, return the roast to the Instant Pot, along with the remaining ingredients. Set the time for 100 minutes and walk away!
The meat cooks for about 100 minutes on the meat setting and then there is the cool down phase of about 20-25 minutes. Once finished, shred the meat and put the juices that are in the pot through a strainer for a perfect au jus!
Butter and toast the buns, top it with the meat and then melt a piece of provolone cheese over the top. Then dip away! You will love how easy and delicious this Instant Pot French Dip is to make.
We had leftover meat and so the next night I used it to make tacos.
Check out more of my Easy Instant Pot dinner recipes:
Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 lb. chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper do not use diet
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 6 soft sandwich rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Add oil to Instant Pot and press saute button.
- Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Place roast in Instant Pot and brown on both sides.
- Remove and add in onions. Stir to saute just until they begin to soften.
- Add beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, Dr. Pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Put meat back into pot and hit Meat/Stew and increase time to 100 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to do a natural release for about 20-25 minutes turn turn valuve to venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove meat and shred
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer and reserve for dipping sandwiches.
- Butter insides of sandwich rolls and toast under broiler under golden brown.
- Add meat onto roll, top with provolone cheese and place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Add top of roll and then serve with remaining au jus for dipping.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Heat oil in a pan on the stove and brown roast on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onions to remaining oil and saute until they begin to soften.
- Place onions in slow cooker along with broth, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Dr. Pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- Shred meat and prepare sandwich as above.