One of my favorite things to do when I am in Paris is visit the bakeries or the patisseries! My favorite treat to enjoy is the pain au chocolat or chocolate croissant. Good thing I do a lot of walking while in Paris to offset the number of croissants I eat! I can’t go to Paris as often as I’d like but I can enjoy these amazing Chocolate Almond Croissants as often as I’d like because they are so easy to make.
Homemade Chocolate Almond Croissant
Making croissants is a pretty labor intensive project but today’s recipe for Chocolate Almond Croissant uses premade crescent roll dough so the process is so easy! The chocolate and almond combo is amazing. The recipe uses almond paste which can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
The almond paste is combined with some semi sweet or dark chocolate to create the filling. I prefer semi sweet.
Combine the two into a paste and spread it on the wide end of the crescent roll.
Roll up the dough starting and the wide end, place it on the cookie sheet with the point of the dough underneath.
Give them an egg wash and a sprinkle of some sliced almonds and then bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
After they are baked give them a sprinkle of powdered sugar and they are ready to eat.
The next step is to watch them disappear! Watch closely because they are going to disappear very quickly!!
I shared with my neighbors because I knew if I didn’t I would have easily consumed the entire pan myself with pictures of Paris floating through my mind! A few minutes after sharing them with my neighbor who was on her way to the baseball field, I got a text. “The girls and I have DEVOURED 2 of the insanely delicious croissants from outside our neighborhood to the school (which is only a few minutes!)” I guess they liked them!
For other yummy pastries try these:
Chocolate Almond Croissant Recipe
Chocolate Almond Croissant
- 4 oz. of almond paste cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 oz. dark or semi sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 8 oz. package of refrigerated crescent rolls 8 in package
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 C sliced almonds
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment or lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond paste and cream, beat until almost smooth.
- Add in chocolate.
- Unroll crescent rolls into 8 seperate pieces. Spoon filling onto wide end of dough, spread slightly.
- Starting at the wide end, roll up the dough toward theh point. Place, point side down, onto baking sheet. Curve the ends.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and brush lightly over dough. Sprinkle with almonds
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.