Are you thinking ahead to Valentine’s Day and what you’re going to make for your sweetie? Well, think no longer. I’ve got the answer for you.
I was in a Valentine’s kind of mood last weekend when I was trying to decide what to make for our Book Club’s potluck dinner. For some reason my personal inner calendar was way off and I was 3 weeks ahead of myself thinking Valentine’s was this week!! So since I had Valentine’s on the brain I decided a nice Valentiney dessert was in order – what says love more than chocolate and strawberries!
This dessert is a variation of one of my other favorite strawberry desserts – Strawberry Cream Pie.
I added a bit of chocolate to today’s version ( O.K., more than a bit) and it is quite divine! Doesn’t chocolate make everything better!?
The base of the pie is a graham cracker crust. You could use a store bought one but a homemade one is so easy to make and tastes so much better it’s worth the little extra effort.
The crust is then filled with a lovely combination of cream cheese, chocolate, whipping cream and a bit of brown sugar.
Refrigerate that for a while (about 6-8 hours or overnight) and then cover the top with a nice layer of juicy red strawberries.
Melt our remaining chocolate chips in a freezer ziploc bag (a regular ziploc bag will be too hot to hold on to!) and clip off one corner to create a pipping bag – then just drizzle the chocolate over the top!
A nice drizzle of chocolate finishes it off!
Who wouldn’t feel loved after eating a piece of Chocolate Berry Pie!?
- 1¼ C graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ C butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ C brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C whipping cream, whipped
- ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 C fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. semi sweet chocolate chips, melted to drizzle on top
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Melt ½ C chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. Allow to cool slightly
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Add in cooled chocolate.
- Fold in whipped whipping cream.
- Pour filling into crust and allow to chill for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Reserving one strawberry, slice strawberries into slices lengthwise. Arrange onto of filling. Place reserved strawberry on top.
- Melt remaining 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips in a freezer zip loc bag. Clip off one corner and squeeze to drizzle chocolate over top of pie.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!