A delicious bowl of berries and cream – pretty much heaven in a bowl.
I went raspberry picking last week and the vines were covered and they were falling off the vines. I’ve been having fun playing with lots of fun berry recipes this week but sometimes nothing is better than just simple berries and cream. A bowl of ripe, sweet, fresh picked berries covered in a light, lovely whip cream.
Because I have been on such a orange kick lately I decided to make an orange cream. The light, fresh orange flavor just enhanced the berries even more.
I promise, this will be the last orange recipe, for a little while at least! But I have had so much fun with my new Wild Orange essential oil I’ve been adding it to everything!
This recipe can definitely be made without it but all oranges are not created equal. Some are just sweeter and orangier (so I know that really isn’t a word) than others so taste may vary depending on the sweetness of your orange.
Don’t tell anyone but I ate two bowls of it the night we had it!!
- 1 pint strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries or a mixture of all three
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C fresh orange juice
- 2-3 drops of Wild Orange Essential Oil or add in 2-3 tsps orange rind for extra orange flavor
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- Wash and slice berries.
- Combine the sugar, orange juice and rind(if using) into a small pan
- Heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves
- Simmer for about 10 minutes without stirring
- Add in Wild Orange Essential Oil if using
- Whip cream
- Fold orange syrup into whip cream
- Serve over berries
- If just making regular cream, add 1 tsp vanilla and 2-3 Tbsp powdered sugar (more to taste if wanted) and whip until soft peaks form
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!