Today you are getting a quick and easy recipe for Honey Lime Chicken. Everyone needs a collection of quick and easy recipes. The ones you pull out when feeling uninspired. For those, “I don’t know what to fix for dinner” days.
Two things I always have on hand are chicken and rice. Chicken and rice is a great go to, it’s a “I don’t know what to fix for dinner tonight kind of meal.” But just plain old chicken and rice can get boring so today’s recipe is a quick and easy dressup for that good old stand by using things you most likely already have on hand. The recipe is one I tore out of Sunset magazine a while back and knew it would come in handy one day!
The recipe uses a fresh squeezed lime. I try to always have some type of citrus – orange, lemon or lime on hand. Although this recipe calls for lime I think it would work great with orange or lemon too. If you don’t have any fresh juice on hand that bottle of concentrate in the refrigerator works in a pinch! A quick marinade of olive oil, lime juice, honey and some seasonings and you’ve got dinner.
It’s great if you can marinade it overnight but I only did it for a few hours and it still had great flavor.
Then I got real fancy and sprinkled it with some pepitas (roasted and salted pumpkin seed)I had in the cupboard! I liked the extra little crunch it gave it.
So next time you don’t know what to fix for dinner – try honey lime chicken!
Honey Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C fresh squeezed lime juice about 2 limes Or substitute lemon or orange juice.
- zest of one lime
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large plastic bag combine all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Mix ingredients together
- Add chicken to bag and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.
- Chicken can be grilled indoors or outdoors on medium high heat. Grill on each side until juices run clear.
- Serve with rice and a garnish of pepitas if desired.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.