This sweet and slightly spicy turkey burger topped with mango jalapeno aioli has amazing flavor. It can be cooked on the stovetop or on the grill
Homemade Turkey Burger
We loved this turkey burger! Thanks to the addition of mango chutney it has amazing flavor. The turkey meat gives it a nice juicy texture and the mango jalapeno aioli takes it over the top!
- Ground Turkey
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Mango Chutney
What is Chutney?
Chutney is a combination of jam, jelly and relish. It is a spicy or savory condiment that. originated in India and is a combination of fruits, sugar and vinegar. It is usually served as a condiment and can be served with meats, rice and bread. I used a mango chutney and it is also called Major Grey’s Chutney. It can be found on the condiment aisle of the grocery store.
Mango Jalapeno Aioli
This is the real secret to this amazing burger. I added chutney into the burger itself which added flavor but I also made an aioli out of the chutney. It is my “secret sauce” to this burger. It has a jalapeno in it also but if you are worried about the heat, just use a little. The aioli helps to intensify the flavor of the burger and it is so good.
What is Aioli?
Aioli originated in France is mayonnaise based sauce usually flavored with garlic. In addition to garlic, we are using lime juice, jalapeno, mango chutney to create an amazing aioli to top our burger with.
Tips for the Best Turkey Burger Recipe
1. Refrigerate patties after forming for 1-2 hours. It helps the meat hold together better while grilling as ground turkey tends to be more “delicate”
2. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the turkey. Cutting into the meat releases the juices and dries out the meat so use a thermometer.
3. Ground turkey on it’s own isn’t very flavorful so the addition of the mango chutney takes this burger to a whole new level!
4. In addition to the aioli, top the turkey burger with your traditional burger toppings including lettuce, tomato, and onion. You can even add cheese if you want.
Can I Freeze Turkey Burgers?
Turkey burgers freeze really well. After forming patties wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze in a single layer on baking sheet in the freezer. Once solid, gather them into a freezer bag and freeze for up to three months.
When ready to use, thaw in the fridge.
Check out more delicious burger recipes:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Turkey Burger Recipe
Sweet & Spicy Turkey Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 package Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
Mango Jalapeño Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients and form into patties.
- Refrigerate patties for 1-2 hours to allow patty to firm up.
- Cook on grill to desired doneness.
- Top with mango jalapeno aioli and other desired toppings
Mango Jalapeno Aioli
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Originally posted August 14, 2013