Slow Cooker Chili is thick, meaty and filling. The perfect way to fill up your beef lovers!
Several mornings a week I walk with friends and one of the things we frequently discuss are any new recipes we have tried lately. Last week my friend Marsha shared a new slow cooker recipe with me that was a hit at her house. I gave it a try and we loved it too. We both have men that love their beef.
Can I Add Beans to This Chili?
I have to admit I have never been a big fan of chili. Mainly because I don’t like beans (texture issues). So when I make chili I always leave the beans out. This recipe has no beans but they could definitely be added in. I would just add them in the last hour of cooking so they don’t get too mushy. My husband would have liked beans in it.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chili
The thing I really love about this chili is that it uses a combination of meats, both. hamburger and brisket. I love brisket and the addition of the it to this chili. Don’t leave it out!
- Brown hamburger in a pan.
- Brown brisket in a pan with a little olive oil.
- Add meat into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- If using beans, add them in the last hour of cooking.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Chili
If you are in need of a new slow cooker, here is my favorite one.
Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lb. beef brisket cut into one inch pieces, fat cut off
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper diced
- 28 oz. petit cut tomatoes
- 15 oz. tomato sauce or tomato puree
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz. beans of choice optional
- Brown ground beef in pan with onions and garlic.
- Brown brisket in 1 Tbsp oil.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add in beans the last hour of cooking.